Complaint Review: Classmate.com

• Reported By: Ronda — Hamilton Ohio USA
Classmate.com
333 Ellitiot Ave Ste 500 Internet United States of America

Classmate.com Memory Lane ETC. Underhanded practices. Internet

Last year I located a phone number to Classmates.com. After discovering my private information all over the internet, I requested my name to be removed explaining that with my information and my children, it could cause undue harm by an ex spouse. The representative was rude and said it is public information and basically too bad. I also explained that although public knowledge it is my choice if it is to be publicised. The rep finally took my information off.  So she said. It the information did not appear for a while, now it is all over the internet again and also by their side companies such as Memory Lane. Please . I do not give a darn about my former classmates. I do not want my information all over the net. How can I get the company to do what I ask in ALL of their databases?
I didn't give them permission to publish anything. I need a legal office that handles this type of issue or a government agency.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2011 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classmatecom/internet/Classmatecom-Memory-Lane-ETC-Underhanded-practices-Internet-716008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmate.com