Complaint Review: Classmates/Memory Lane

• Submitted: Wed, May 11, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, May 11, 2011

• Reported By: Gloria — Tucson Arizona U.S.A.
Classmates/Memory Lane
1100 Oakesdale Ave. S.W. Renton, Washington United States of America

Classmates/Memory Lane Michelle, Member Care Dept. Classmates/Memory Lane charged my VISA $39 without approval. Renton, Washington

I was surprised to see a charge for $39 from Classmates/Memory Lane. I was shocked.  So what did they tell me?
"We're sorry to hear that you don't wish to continue as an All-Access Passholder (previously known as a Gold member). While purchasing your membership, you were provided with information just above the submit payment button explaining that all memberships are enrolled in our automatic renewal program. This automated billing process prevents any interruption in your membership benefits. Through your acceptance of the membership offer, you authorized us to continue to charge your credit card to extend your membership until you took the necessary steps to remove yourself from this program.

If you wish to discontinue your paid membership after the current term, you may remove yourself from the automatic renewal program any time prior to your renewal date."

They weren't like this before. I did join when they first started in the late 90's for $19.99. As this Visa is a new one with a different number I do not know how they got it. I called my bank, Citibank and they removed it permanently. Said if it showed up again to call them and they'll remove it."

Once again this is another big rip off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2011 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ClassmatesMemory-Lane/Renton-Washington-/ClassmatesMemory-Lane-Michelle-Member-Care-Dept-ClassmatesMemory-Lane-charged-my-VISA-728146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates/Memory Lane