Complaint Review: Classmates/Memory Lane

• Updated: Sun, June 19, 2011

• Reported By: Jon — Stillwater Minnesota United States of America
Classmates/Memory Lane

Classmates/Memory Lane Deceptive Billing Practises Internet

Like many others I have been ripped off by classmates.com.  I was baited into joining with a "special offer" of like $10.00 for a year.  I saw no mention of automatic rebilling in the future, although it may have been there burried someplace. A year passed and I noticed a charge on my credit card bill for $39.00 for a renewal of my Classmates membership.  I had not been notified that I would be billed, or given the opportunity to cancel my membership. When I contacted Classmates they told me they could not refund my $39.00 but I could go to their website and turn off the automatic billing for future renewals. It is clear to me that Classmates/Memory Lane is out to ripoff it's customers.  My suggestion would be to notify your credit card company and tell them a fraudulent charge was made to your credit card account. It might also be beneficial to tell them that hundreds of complaints have been registered for the same thing on Ripoff.com. Tell as many people as you can about the way Classmates/Memory Lane does business and maybe we can put them out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2011 04:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ClassmatesMemory-Lane/internet/ClassmatesMemory-Lane-Deceptive-Billing-Practises-Internet-742599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates/Memory Lane