Complaint Review: Classmates.com

• Reported By: Fed_up_consumer — Hastings Nebraska United States of America
Classmates.com
Internet, Washington United States of America

Classmates.com Automatic renewal charges Internet, Washington

*Author of original report: another avenue for complaint resolution

This company automatically charged my credit card to renew a membership.  Charges were $39.00.  Called the company and they refused to stop the charges or refund my money.  Said it was my fault for not reading.

I know when I signed up I told them no auto renewal, this is the exact reason why.  I have dealt with this in the past with other companies and not one has ever flat out refused to refund the money.  I have had issues with other companies not stopping the auto renewal however.

After about 5-6 months of their service I sent an email or replied from one of theirs to cancel my membership and remove my profile due to the high amount of unwanted email they send.  I had previously tried to get the email stopped too but had no luck. Again they said this was my fault for not knowing how to read.  They choose to ignore requests and have no records of any of the above mentioned requests.  They were added to my blocked senders list after the requests were sent to them because they never replied and kept on sending spam to me.  Their records should show I didn't use the service after sending the cancellation request.

I have disputed this thru Visa and Classmates assured me they will fight it.  If you are doing business with them do it all in writing and keep copies of everything.  If you have dealt with them and not kept copies verify what you have done in writing and if calling record the conversation like they do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classmatescom/Internet-Washington-/Classmatescom-Automatic-renewal-charges-Internet-Washington-557526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates.com

another avenue for complaint resolution

AUTHOR: Fed_up_consumer - (United States of America)

I discovered that the State of Washington Attorney Generals Office has an online form for consumer complaints.  I filled one out and will report on what the results of it are.  I also requested they check out this site as well as Consumer Affairs so they can see that this is not an isolated issue.  I would encourage anyone that has problems similar  to mine to file a complaint with the AG, it is online and quick and easy to do.  If you are unable to find the phone number for classmates look at your credit card bill, the phone number is after their name.  I see on other sites people have been unable to find the number to call them at.