Complaint Review: Classmates.com

Internet USA
  • Phone: 206.301.5900
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Classmates.com Charged for another year when I sent and email to end the service over six months ago. Company now claims they never got an email and I didn't approve the current charges. Internet

I purchased classmates.com for a year and after six months decided it was not worth my time.  I had a different email at the time and sent a message to classmates.com to cancel future service.  Now six months later I find out that they took $39.00 out of my bank account.  I called them today and was told they never received an email.  How easy for them to claim they never got an email from me.  This is a rip off!   At first the Customer Service man claimed he couldn't find my account and then requested the last four numbers of the card they took the money from.  I guess he couldn't, seeing that email was deleted after I cancelled the classmate account.

Name:  Linda T

School:  Lakeview High School

Location:  Chicago, Il   1976

The excuse and statement I received was "We never got an email" and "I will set up it to be cancelled for April of 2015".  I was so angry I hung up the phone and did not write the reference number down.  I will cancel that card they stole the money from so they cannot do it again!

I hate more than anythng when a person tries to control a conversation and does not listen.  That is poor customer service regardless of it being a business skill!  This company is a ripoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classmatescom/internet/Classmatescom-Charged-for-another-year-when-I-sent-and-email-to-end-the-service-over-six-1129554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates.com