Complaint Review: Classmates.com

• Reported By:Millsboro Delaware
Classmates.com
http://www.classmates.com/ Internet U.S.A.

Classmates.com Classmates ripped me off with Privacymatters123 account Internet

I signed up for Classmates.com last week. I've had the free membership for a few years and had received some messages from some people I went to high school with, but of course, with the free membership, you have access to very little info. They had cut their usual 39.95 price down to 19.95, so I thought it might be worth it.

They billed my Visa debit card 19.95, as per the ad.

About a week later I saw another charge of 19.95 posted on my checking account. After a little research I found that this wasn't Classmates, but a company called Privacymatters123.com . I plugged their name into Google and found that they are a credit monitoring service that charges 19.95 per month to "monitor" my credit, whatever that means.

I have never pulled a credit report from the internet, never signed up for any service.

When I called Privacymatters123.com they said that their service was 19.95 per month and that I signed up for it on Classmates.com when I took a "Credit Survey" on the site. Bullsh_t...I never take "surveys" on the internet...never have, never will. I very rarely even get any spam. I'm real careful on the internet, mainly because of predators like this.

A little more investigation told me that this is a regular practice for Classmates and this company. It appears that Classmates.com sells your info to Privacymatters123.com . If I were not careful about monitoring my checking account, this practice would have continued month after month, a cost of $240 per year.

Mikefromdel
Millsboro, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2009 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classmatescom/internet/Classmatescom-Classmates-ripped-me-off-with-Privacymatters123-account-Internet-450589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates.com