Complaint Review: Classmates.com

• Submitted: Fri, December 21, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Dianne — Sarasota Florida United States of America

Classmates.com Memory Lane Unauthorized credit card charges for "renewals" Internet

I signed up for a 3 month Trial membership in January.  Unfortunately I used a credit card that I rarely check.  In reviewing my year end statement, I foun recurring charges every 3 months......not toatlling $60 for the year.  I did not authorize renewals.....I never do for this very reason. If I find something to be valuable to me, I remember  to renew it!!

Contacted customer service.  I requested 1. Documentation that I had requested auto renewal  2. A choice of either 1. $45 refund or  2.  Because I know I should have been checking this credit card more carefully,and therefore may have some culpability here,  I  offered to allow them to convert the $60 charged to me in this calendar year to   their $59 advertised 2 year membership , with no automatic "renewal" .

After a series of useless auto generated form responses, I asked for a supervisory review. The CSR II which I guess is what they call a supervisor,  admitted that they could not provide me with documentation

for the consent I supposedly gave in January. But she assured me that I DID agree to auto renewal and  stated, once again, that they have a NO REFUND policy and refused to do anything at all.

This is, at best, the worst customer service I have ever experienced. At worst, this is fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classmatescom/internet/Classmatescom-Memory-Lane-Unauthorized-credit-card-charges-for-renewals-Internet-985535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates.com