Complaint Review: Classmates.com

• Submitted: Wed, September 23, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By: Diane Omberg — Houston Texas USA
classmates.com on the internet Internet United States of America

Classmates.com They gave Privacy Matters ,some company that alledgedly monitors credit reports my credit card number and enrolled me. I was never solicited, notified - my account was charged almost 20.00 two time Classmates.com gave my credit card info to Privacy Matters 123. They charged my debit account almost $20.00, twice. Classmates.com is a total ripoff. Internet

I joined Classmates.com some time ago.  It has been a rather worthless internet scam that does not provide what they advertise.  They advertise that they connect you with high school friends.

Shortly after I joined Classmates.com, I saw two charges on my bank statement for almost $20.00 each for Privacy Matters 123.  When I called the number to ask what this service was, they told me I was enrolled by Classmates.com in their service which is supposed to be credit monitoring.  I was not notified that I was enrolled in this business, nor had any indcation that I had the service.  I demanded that they credit my account with the charges and cancel this service.   I have tried to cancel Classmates.com, but cannot seem to find a contact number or address - everything is totally online.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classmatescom/internet/Classmatescom-They-gave-Privacy-Matters-some-company-that-alledgedly-monitors-credit-re-499499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates.com