Complaint Review: Classmates,com

• Updated: Fri, October 23, 2009

• Reported By: Bruce — Louisville Kentucky USA
Classmates,com
21301 Burbank Blvd woodland hills, California United States of America

Classmates,com Classmates Switched my gold membership manual renewal option to automatic renewal without my consent or knowledge. woodland hills, California

I have been a paid Gold card member of classmates.com for a couple of years. Last year when my membership expired my account was automatically charged a renewal fee of approximately $35-$39. I did not realize at that time that my account was set up for an automatic renewal and therefore I just chalked it up as my mistake. I immediately logged into my account and changed my yearly renawal status to manual renewal so that I would not get charged unexpectedly again when my account expired this year. On October 21, 2009 I discovered that Classmates.com charged my bank account for another $39.99 yearly renewal fee. I immediately logged into the site to protest and immediately cancel my account. I discovered that my renewal setting had been switched without my knowledge and the company once again charged me for a yearly renewal. The company now refuses to delete my account at my request and obviously refuses to provide any ligitimate customer service because they know that they are intent on defrauding unsuspecting consumers. I would highly recommend that you do not provide this company with any means to charge you unexpectedly as they have done to me and many others. I will never do business with this company again and I would highly discourage others because this company should not even be allowed to remain in business with the fraud that they are committing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2009 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classmatescom/woodland-hills-California-91367/Classmatescom-Classmates-Switched-my-gold-membership-manual-renewal-option-to-automatic-r-513735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classmates,com