- Report: #412198
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Clayton Homes Vanderbilt Mortgage
Clayton Homes Vanderbilt MortgageClayton Homes 500 Alcoa Trail Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.
Clayton Homes Vanderbilt Mortgage Refusal of the right to choose mortgage company Maryville Tennessee
My experience after receiving a better understanding of the process by my patient banker and real estate attorney.
* If you qualify for a Vanderbilt loan, then most likely you will qualify for a normal mortgage with a fair interest rate. Right now fair is 5-5.5%
* I was quoted over 9% interest and told I could buy down my rate. (thousands to get what other companies give for free) Why would any sane person do that? Ahh are they hoping for the insane to walk through those doors?
* Always hire a real estate ATTORNEY (not title company) to protect your interest. It is allowed by state law that every customer has a right to choose their attorney. This is SO important, you will pay for that attorney in closing regardless. Make sure you are protected.
* If you are told you have to use their lenders, file a report with you states Commissioner of Banks or Bank Commissioner.
* If you are told your lender is not approved, find another home center that is not affiliated with Clayton and you will have no issues or just find a realtor that is experienced with actual home sales unlike these mobile home car dealerships that can ruin your life!
* Don't buy a house that can be repossessed! If it is on a permanant foundation, they can't take it without a legal process! No sleepless nights worrying that your house will be pulled away while you sleep!!
* Educate yourself, don't buy on a whim! They pray for ignorant buyers! More money for them!
Charlotte, North Carolina
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clayton-Homes-Vanderbilt-Mortgage/Maryville-Tennessee-37804/Clayton-Homes-Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Refusal-of-the-right-to-choose-mortgage-company-Maryvill-412198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.