Complaint Review: Clayton VAnderbilt - Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - CMH Services

• Submitted: Thu, March 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 27, 2008

• Reported By:"Taterhill" North Carolina
Clayton VAnderbilt - Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - CMH Services
505 Alcoa Trail Maaryville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Clayton Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - CMH Services ripoff masters, lose or ignore payments Maryville Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Bankruptcy

*Consumer Comment: Still with Vanderbilt?

Coming up to the end of a mortgage; the company doesn't acknowlege payments, denies payments have been made, or "loses" payments until I get a report from my bank or the Money Order company, and then refuses to refund or cancel late charges. They have also charged me for homeowner's insurance when I had my own, and then refused to refund or apply the overcharges to my account. This had been going on for about 6 years.

I filed a bankruptcy, and even with my lawyer's assistance and awareness of the problem, they tried these "stunts." Now that the bankruptcy is discharged, I'm on my own against this crap.

The only way I can assure timely crediting of my payments is by sending a Moneygram, at almost $9.00 a pop, and even then, they try to say I haven't received the payment until I fax them the moneygram receipt. What B.S.!

Is there a Class Action against these companies? If so, I'd like to be included.

Oldrailfan
"Taterhill", North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clayton-VAnderbilt-Vanderbilt-Mortgage-And-Finance-CMH-Services/Maaryville-Tennessee/Clayton-Vanderbilt-Vanderbilt-Mortgage-And-Finance-CMH-Services-ripoff-masters-lose-315521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clayton VAnderbilt - Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - CMH Services

Bankruptcy

AUTHOR: Bridgit - (U.S.A.)

My husband and I are in bankruptcy right now and it will be paid off in April or May and once the bankruptcy is over with, we will again be making our own house payments to Vanderbilt. I am afraid they will try something once we are back to making the payments ourselves. They were never added to the bankrupcy, and it states so on our paper work, that the court simply mails the payment in for us. Nothing more!!!

I am looking to get away from Vanderbilt any way possible but every place I call says 1 of 2 things. Either A: due to being in bankruptcy right now, we can not even check to see what if anything we can do, or B: you live/own a mobil home, there is nothing at all we can do for you.

If you know of any companies that will refinance with us after the bankruptcy, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to find a company that would buy out our bankruptcy. But since our credit score is so low, that has been hard to do. Most places I have called, have treated us badly, like we are nothing because we have a mobile home. It has not even made a difference when they find out that our home/land is worth more than we owe on the bankruptcy and home COMBINED!! Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Still with Vanderbilt?

AUTHOR: Please Update Your Post - (U.S.A.)

Hi Oldrailfan,

Are you still with Vanderbilt? I wish I could say this is the first time I've heard something like this from these guys, but its not. Your best bet is just to get away from these guys. I know you had the bankruptcy, etc., but with the new changes to the FHA guidelines, there are more people than ever that qualify for the most competitive rates in the industry. If you want to get away from these guys, let me know and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. Otherwise, I hope your situation gets better, and I wish you the best of luck.