Complaint Review: Clayton's Towing

• Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: Eric — Bel Air Maryland United States of America
Clayton's Towing
8031 Norris Lane Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Clayton's Towing Clayton's Towing Towed my car, went out of business and didn't even send tags now I owe over $5,000 and don't have car Baltimore, Maryland

In October 2008 my truck was towed by Clayton's automotive, at the time I did not have the money to get my truck out or to pay them the fee to go back and remove my tags. And just as a note I had no tickets or parking citations thats not why it was towed. The truck was bought used less than 6 months earlier for $5,000 cash, soon after I lost my job but I kept insurance on the car until they told me they send in the tags after 45 days. Yes it was horrible to have to give away a nice truck that was paid off but I didn't have a choice. Recently (2012) I recieved a bill from the MVA collections saying I owed $5,345 dollars for lapse of insurance which I cancelled two months after the trucks was towed (60 days) they told me it would be auctioned in 45 days and I cancelled the insurance like I said after 60 days and when I called the MVA collections unit they told me I needed proof I didn't have the truck because they were charging me for a lapse from Oct 2008 to Sept. 2010 which yes they had been charging me for 2 years for a lapse of coverage and I hadn't seen the car since it was towed almost 4 years ago, I actually still have the title! but they said that wasn't enough proof so not only did I loose the $5,000 I paid for the truck but now I have a $5,300 dollar fine and can't get another car regestered until that is paid. I can't get ahold of Clayton's for more proof that the truck has been gone because they are out of businessand me having the original title is not enough proof says the MVA (what a joke!). Now I have a good stable job and can't by a car because they didn't do what the said the were going to (there job!). So now I have to either rely on a co-worker that has the same schedule and if not I walk. If there is anyone who knows how to get ahold of Clayton's or anyone affiliated with it please post it, I've read a couple different stories involving Clayton's Towing, maybe that's why they went out of business! Talk about B.S.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Claytons-Towing/Baltimore-Maryland-21222/Claytons-Towing-Claytons-Towing-Towed-my-car-went-out-of-business-and-didnt-even-sen-950878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clayton's Towing