Complaint Review: Clean Threads

• Submitted: Thu, December 13, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: TerraV — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
Clean Threads
8322 Canoe Ct., Nashville TN 37221 Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Clean Threads Clean Threads Inc. DO NOT USE Clean Threads Dry Clean Delivery Service, Ruins clothes and does not make them good Nashville, Tennessee

I have been using Clean Threads Inc. of Tennessee, owner Michelle Totty, for my dry cleaning pick up and delivery for over 18 months. I have always paid my bills with her and never complained about anything. My bill with her many times exceeds $600 in a month, so to say I am a good client is the understatement of the year. Around November 19, 2012 Michelle returned a pair of silver Juicy couture jeans (about $200) to my house and they were ruined. The silver metallic paint had been melted off by the ironing process. Michelle wanted to see if the manufacturer would replace them so I said that was fine. In the meantime she showed up to pick up my clothing again. I asked her not to take my turquoise, metallic, Seven for all Mankind jeans (also about $200) because I did not want those ruined, as the silver ones were before. She reassured me they would not clean them unless they could guarantee that they would not damage them. She went on to explain how long they had been in the cleaning business etc. so I reluctantly let her take those, as well. Once again, they were returned ruined. I asked her to replace or reimburse me for these, in a text message I sent her with the before and after photos of the jeans. She called me back and yelled at ME saying that she will not pay to have them replaced. I then offered to simply deduct $400 from my current bill and pay her for whatever else we currently owed and just call it even. She said absolutely not. Then she went into a tirade saying I treated my employees poorly and that I was jealous of her and my housekeeper and all kinds of things that have nothing to do with this situation. To make matters even worse, she then "held hostage" my current order with her (my comforter, a jacket, and a couple of pairs of pants) until I paid HER $391.27 of which she said I owed her for previous cleaning although the invoice had not been entered and was not sequentially due. It has just been crazy. Save yourself a lot of headache and use a different company. Michelle Totty and Clean Threads WILL NOT stand behind their services should anything go wrong with your clothing. She is currently still holding hostage. both damaged pairs of jeans and all of my current dry cleaning items.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clean-Threads/Nashville-Tennessee-37221/Clean-Threads-Clean-Threads-Inc-DO-NOT-USE-Clean-Threads-Dry-Clean-Delivery-Service-Ruin-981508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clean Threads