Complaint Review: Clear 4G Wireless Internet

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2012

• Reported By: LMG — Highlands ranch Colorado United States of America
Clear 4G Wireless Internet

Clear 4G Wireless Internet Extremely limited and poor coverage availability, does not respond to contact made until "trial period has expired" so they feel justified in not accepting equipment back or refunding money Internet

*Consumer Comment: Another brillant response from Team Rebut!!!

*Consumer Comment: Verizon is way better for 4g

This company claims to offer 4G wireless internet but has extremely limited coverage and even worse customer service. I ordered the service and NEVER had service. I called the company and they told me to try connectivity with them on the phone. No service. I told them I would try two other business locations before returning the box. I spoke with at least 5 customer service agents within two weeks of receiving the service and they all go through the same process :" can I have your address to check availability ? Do you live in a brick house? All concluded: no service. No one will give me the info to send the unit back but no one is able to give me return information just scripted questions ," are you planning on staying at this service address? ", for example.

I found the companys website that lists a different 800 number , I called that number and reached them outside of business hours because I learned later the department that can help with returns is open only M-F . I left a message with three ways to contact me back , 2 phone and 1 email. I received no return response. I called back the 24 hour customer service and they all do the same process. This is the fifth contact I've made, but no one has any notes on my account. I send a contact via the contact page on the clear.com website with concerns outlined and again contact information , again no response . I placed another call stating that I cannot seem to reach the account services department or get a response back, I asked why there are no notations on my account so that I didn't have to go through the same conversation with each rep. This 5th rep took notes and said I needed to call back from my home. I called back two days later had to go through the "let's check connectivity " process. I was placed on hold several times and when I finally had then understand I just wanted to return the product and to refund my credit card I had to leave for a meeting, while on hold I handed my credit card that was authorized for the initial equipment order ( and then also processed for monthly billing also without my authorization) to my son to confirm info. They would not process the return. I called back and spoke again to a rep, (they won't give direct line for account services ), retold the whole story and that I just need a call tag ,still and my credit card refunded. Guess what? She says my trial period has ended and I'm stuck with this equipment and the $150 charge plus service fees, even though they NEVER were able to establish a connection and I had been contacting them for 6 weeks. I asked for a supervisor , he said he would put in " refund request"and someone would call back within 24 hours , after I told him I was writing the CEO and reporting the company. Surprise! 4 days have elapsed, no phone call,contact or update of any kind. Also reporting to the BBB . Maybe this company needs to train on account note taking and making outgoing phone calls. Also , ironically on their website, they still claim there is coverage in my area by zip and based on that info,the product can still be ordered by the next unfortunate souls to undergo this seedy practice and process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-4G-Wireless-Internet/internet/Clear-4G-Wireless-Internet-Extremely-limited-and-poor-coverage-availability-does-not-res-861396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear 4G Wireless Internet

Another brillant response from Team Rebut!!!

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Yea Team Rebutt knows it all!!!!!!!:<(~

Verizon is way better for 4g

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

I have found that Sprint is terrible as well, promising 4G for a city and not delivering. V is the way to go.