Complaint Review: Clear Choice Communications

• Updated: Sat, October 04, 2003

• Reported By:denver Colorado
Clear Choice Communications
www.vartec.com Internet U.S.A.

Clear Choice Communications ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing 'hidden charges' Denver Internet

*Consumer Comment: stopped using Clear Choice

As I checked some monthly bills I came across some 'questionable' charges on my phone bill. It seems that they have been charging me a $5.95 monthly 'usage' fee since feb 2003!

I have used their service for 4 or 5 years and this is the 1st I've heard of it! It's certainly not the 'plan' I signed up for!

When I called them I got someone in India that 'sort of' spoke English! She indentified herself as 'Betty' , Yeah , right!

Essentially , her attitude was 'Ha-Ha you dumb American.'

Bob
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2003 10:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Choice-Communications/internet/Clear-Choice-Communications-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-hidden-charges-Denver-In-67617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Choice Communications

stopped using Clear Choice

AUTHOR: ChrysAn - (U.S.A.)

In response to Clear Choice Communications charging monthy fees: I had used Clear Choice Communications in the form of a 10-10-636 number for 4 years. After 4 years, there was a $2.95 monthy fee added to my bill that I had never been informed of. I called Clear Choice several times on their 800# and requested something in writing be sent to me informing me of this monthly fee, I never received anything. I called my local telephone company (SBC) and explained to them what Clear Choice was attempting to do to me and that I was not going to pay for these monthly fees as I was never informed of them. SBC agreed with me, credited my account back for the four months worth $2.95 fees plus taxes and other fees associated with this for a totla credit of over $25.00. SBC stated that they had the abilty to turn around and re-bill Clear Choice for their fees, which they did. SBC really protected me from this attempted rip off. I told Clear Choice that I would have been happy to pay the monthly fee IF I had been informed of it, but I never was so I refused to pay it. After I stopped using Clear Choice, I called their 800# several times just to let them know that I was not using their company any longer due to their fees. I did this just so they would have nice, lengthy phone bills to pay for my calls to their 800#.