Complaint Review: Clear Credit - My Perfect Credit - 1st Credit Of America

• Submitted: Tue, August 02, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 02, 2005

• Reported By:Anchorage Alaska
Clear Credit - My Perfect Credit - 1st Credit Of America
www.1stcofa.com Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

1st Credit Of America - Clear Credit - My Perfect Credit RIPOFF, Phone scam, fraud Chicago Illinois

On July 27th I was called by 1st Credit of America with demand for payment of $59.95 for credit repair ordered from Clear Credit aka My Perfect Credit. I told the lady I never heard of the companies and did not owe anything. I was told if I did not pay, my credit would be adversly affected and additional charges would be incurred. The caller had my name, address and full social security number and of course my home phone number.

I told the caller I had never received any prior demand for the payment and to mail me a statement with details. The call ended with my belief I would receive something in the mail.

Two messages were also left for me to call 1-866-505-8249 asap regarding my account. I called back and a Ms. Bellard (?Dillard) was not available.

Today, August 2nd, I received another call from a Ms. Funches 866-505-2632 x 2940 demanding the $59.95 and how did I want to settle it. I again said I never heard of the companies and do not owe $59.95. I told her I spoke to someone last week and requested a statement. She said they do not mail statements and if I did not pay the matter, it would be added to my credit report and additional charges may be incurred. I told her I would not pay over the phone without documentation of the charge and she was just trying to frighten me into paying by threatening to report it to the credit bureau. I told her to go ahead, bust your pick, and I would report this to the FCC and I refused to pay and ended the call.

I decided to put Clear Credit into search on the internet and to my surprise I found a multitude of similar complaints. I also checked out wwww.1stcofa.com and it is hard to believe what looks to be a legitimate business has evil scamming going on.

A concerned citizen

Anchorage, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2005 10:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Credit-My-Perfect-Credit-1st-Credit-Of-America/Chicago-Illinois-60607/1st-Credit-Of-America-Clear-Credit-My-Perfect-Credit-RIPOFF-Phone-scam-fraud-Chicago-152297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Credit - My Perfect Credit - 1st Credit Of America