Complaint Review: Clear Credit

• Submitted: Thu, May 15, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2003

• Reported By:Long Beach California
Clear Credit
www.clearcredit.com Costa Mesa, California U.S.A.

Clear Credit Www.clearcredit.com Misleading service, aggresive billing, will further damage your credit report ripoff business from hell Costa Mesa California

*Consumer Comment: You are the RIPOFF!

*Author of original report: It's a Mortgage Application ..BEWARE!!!

Clear Credit will offer you a free credit report that you can view online. They claim that they will assist you in disputing negative items/inaccuracies, charging only when a dispute is filed. They will ask you for your credit card number under the guise of "verifying your identity."

What you don't know is, that once they bring your report online, the information will lack detail and instead, give you a "count" of negative items. You will not know what these negative items are, and more importantly, you will not be given the opportunity to decide for yourself which to dispute, or offer explanations/provide evidence. The process begins automatically, so if Clear Credit says you have 24 negative items, they'll dispute all 24 @ 7.95 a piece and charge that credit card they asked you for.

Generic disputes can seriously damage your credit. If a 5 year-old collection account comes back "verified," it's as if the debt began "today" and another 7 years gets added. CC does not care to improve your credit, they only want your money.

Finally, CC will allow it's marketing partners to "check your credit" resulting in inquiries. I recieved a notice that a mortgage company was going to "prequalify me" and I would see an inquiry on my report. Be careful!! These also damage your credit.

Kelly
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2003 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Credit/Costa-Mesa-California/Clear-Credit-Wwwclearcreditcom-Misleading-service-aggresive-billing-will-further-damag-57072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Credit

You are the RIPOFF!

AUTHOR: Joretta - (U.S.A.)

As a trial period that came with Net Dective I was enrolled in your program. I did not wish to continue with the program because it was a RipOff it's self. I placed a call requesting that I not be continued and no money withdrawn for the fee. Needless to say there has been two charges of $39.95 been withdrawn from my checking account. This was in one bank statement period so I also intend to check last months statement to check for charges. This was NOT athorized by me! As a result of the deduction from my checking account I had unexplained dishornored checks and check charges with my bank as well as the parties the checks were made out to. I don't expect to get a refund although I think as a company that is so concerned with RipOffs it should be refunded. I have never used the service even with the free trial perioid. Please do not withdraw or attempt to withdraw any more money as I intend to put a stop payment on any futher action by your company.The main part I don't understand is that a company as large as I am sure yours must be would have the means to check an individuals income which for myself is $856.00 a month because I am disabled and can not afford to be RippedOff month after month. I am now worse off than I was before I used your "trial" offer. From now on please how the common sense to consider the impact on a persons financial situation.

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

Here's the explanation I recieved when I insisted I was only signing up for a "free credit report" and not interested in applying for a mortgage:

******
When you signed up for our service and received your free report this mortgage group provided that report. You did authorize us to go through this group so that we could provide you with the credit report. Thank you.

******
Of course, I don't recall authorizing anyone to check my credit for a loan, and I wrote back...here is the response to that:

******

I appreciate your concern. But trust me we are a reputable company and we can not help it if some of our members do not read the terms and conditions. We have been around for over 5 years. Before you start making complaints please take a moment to read our terms and conditions. And please do not call my company a scam. Thank you.