Complaint Review: Clear Creek Tax

• Reported By: Anthony Rock — Darlington Pennsylvania
Clear Creek Tax
669 North Academy Street Greenville, South Carolina USA

Clear Creek Tax Tax Resolution Scam Greenville South Carolina

My name is Anthony Rock and I am a former employee of Clear Creek Tax Resolution. I quit my job a couple of weeks ago due to the fact that I have solid proof Clear Creek has scammed several people out of money. I worked there for about 3 months. During training, they tell you that they want you to harass people all day long no matter how msny times they hang up on you because eventually you'll get them to open up and talk to you when they get tired of all the calls. I harassed the same people every single day. I was trained to believe that no matter what somebody tells me, they are lying and don't believe anything they say. I have a 3 hour training session recorded on my cell phone and the entire time the guy who trained me is telling us that everybody we call is a liar, tax cheat, criminal, etc... They told us we can call as much as we want because when it comes to business to business phone calls there is no such thing as a do not call list. The sales manager, Chris Regan and the president of the company, Chris Markwell, both would yell at us if we were hesitant to call somebody back who hung up on us. I saw them both harass people continually throughout my time there. And the people who are calling you saying they are "Senior Tax Directors", thats a joke. You should see the people they hire and who's actually calling you! I know nothing about taxes, they gave me a one day crash course and thats it. I lied to people personally several times because Chris Markwell would listen in on some of the calls and tell me exactly what to say to the person. At one point, there was a mentally retarded person who Chris Markwell and Chris Regan were harassing every day because his family owned a business who had tax problems and when you call their home number he would answer and they thought it was hilarious to make fun of him and even tried to get him to steal a check from his parents so he could write it to Clear Creek. At another point, there was a 90 year old woman who had a tax problem and one of the "closers" pretended to be her dead son when he called her because they thought that was funny. The lies that we told people to close deals was just outrageous. 95% success rate, we can remove ALL penalities and interest, money back guarntees, we have 50 actual tax attorneys working for us, etc... All lies. During my time working there I came across at least ten people that had been personally ripped off for several thousands of dollars. I called Kelly Labelle, who is the payroll manager at the Colorado Office and asked her "How does it feel to work for a company that scames people out of money?" Her response was "You didnt have a problem with it when you worked for us". Everybody who works at Clear Creek knows its a scam but most people need the job and so they look the other way. They say its a one time fee to handle you're case. Thats the biggest lie. It is NEVER a one time fee. Just look in the contract under the disbursement section. It's very open ended and leaves room for them to contnue to charge you. The explanation they gave me when I asked why people end up getting charged more after the original one time fee was that everybody lies about how much they owe in taxes so if I close a deal and the person told me they owe ten thousand dollars but then the attorneys get their case and they actually owe a million dollars, its going to cost more to handle that case. Because the way the fee is figured out is by how much the person says they owe. If its ten thousand then usually I'd say its going to cost a thousand to handle it. A million dollars would be up around 6 or 7 thousand to handle it. BUT then Chris Markwell told me they dont know how much its gonna cost to handle the case until after they look at everything. So why am I even quoting fees in the first place?! Nothing about this company makes any sense and something needs to be done about it immediately. They prey on people who are scared and vulnerable. They have no morals, ethics or values what so ever and its disgusting. I just found out that the office I worked for In Greenville South Carolina is closed now because they weren't making enough money. Thank God, now there's still two more offices left in North Carolina and Colorado. I apologize for rambling on but I've been wanting to tell everybody about this company ever since I quit because what they are doing is immoral and illegal. No matter what they promise you, DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY you will regret it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 05:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Creek-Tax-/Greenville-South-Carolina/Clear-Creek-Tax-Tax-Resolution-Scam-Greenville-South-Carolina-1057146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Creek Tax