Complaint Review: Clear Debt Results

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 03, 2008

• Reported By:Cedar Lake Indiana
Clear Debt Results
251 O'Connor Ridge Road Suite 270 Irving, Texas U.S.A.

*Author of original report: Clear Debt Results Discover, Target and MBNA/Bank of America will not even talk with them Irving Texas

I got into credit card trouble between jobs. I was approached by a Kevin Farr from Clear Debt Results. After several phone conversations and doing some research, I decided to listen to what he could do for me. I told him all of the specifics and he said they could help me. He specifically said that they had a good working relationship with all of my creditors. I checked further and all seemed ok so I signed up.

After I signed up, I was instructed to change the mailing address on the cards in question to CDR's address and to give them power of attorney. I gave them power of attorney but I still kept my self in the mail loop.

The first instruction was to stop making payments to the creditors and to not talk to them on the phone but to refer them call CDR. Also, all correspondence was faxed to CDR. Also, Kevin Farr called me and said he was no longer with CDR.

I later received letters from 3 of the 4 creditors that they would not deal with firms like CDR and would only negotiate with me. CDR was informed of this and I spoke to them. CDR said this was a common ploy and that they CDR regulary dealt with this companies and not to worry. Let them handle everything.

Each of the creditors all refused to deal with CDR and filed law suits. When the summons for the law suits arrived, CDR went into hiding claiming to not be a legal rep. So far, I have one judgement against me and two pending law suits.

Being in Indiana, which to my dismay, is a creditor friendly state, I cannot do anything with the property since judgements result in automatic property liens. I cannot even refi.

Cedar lake buzzard
Cedar Lake, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2008 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Debt-Results/Irving-Texas-75038/Clear-Debt-Results-Discover-Target-and-MBNABank-of-America-will-not-even-talk-with-them-309726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Debt Results

AUTHOR: Cedar lake buzzard - (U.S.A.)

Monday March 4, 2008

A manager from Clear Debt Results (Mr Robert Till) called me and we discussed the issues for almost 40 minutes. Mr Till claims that CDR does make settlements with the creditors I listed. He claims that the creditors send letters like that to scare the clients into not using organizations like CDR to negotiate settlements. Organizations like CDR typically negotiate lower settlements than consumers would.

Mr Till sent me some copies of settlements (with identity information blocked) showing that they made settlements with the creditors I mentioned.

Mr. Till assured me that when I had the funds available that CDR would negotiate a lump sum settlement for me. I am going to give them a second chance but I will proceed with caution.

Stay tuned.