Complaint Review: Clear Debt Results

• Submitted: Thu, November 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 09, 2010

• Reported By:Richlands North Carolina
Clear Debt Results
251 O'Conner Ridge Blvd. Suite 270 Irving, Texas U.S.A.

Clear Debt Results We to were not pleased with what we got from them. By the end of this we were the ones doing all of the work because they did not do what they promised. Irving Texas

*Consumer Comment: Misery Loves Company

We too were victims of this company. We spent close to $5000.00 with these people. Now I know why we were never contacted by them to pay the rest. I would not have paid the rest anyway. We were told to fill out all the forms, list all the debt and companies name.

We were told NOT to talk to any of the credit card companies just to have them contact their office. In the beginning they switched representatives several times. We finally had one person we were dealing with.

On one of the credit card companies we ended having a judgement against us because they never returned any of the phone calls to the attorneys office. On another they charged us even more than was agreed upon even though I kept copies of all letters and wrote everything down in a log.

It basically was a real mess and I ended up making all the phone calls to settle the rest. I finally realized I could have done it all in the first place. They tell you that you can settle for less but what they don't tell you is that is messes up your credit and you STILL have to pay taxes to the IRS for the difference you did not pay. I hope someone puts a stop to these companies.

Lois
Richlands, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2008 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Debt-Results/Irving-Texas-75038/Clear-Debt-Results-We-to-were-not-pleased-with-what-we-got-from-them-By-the-end-of-this-395534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Debt Results

Misery Loves Company

AUTHOR: Mary ann - (U.S.A.)

I too went with Clear Debt Results.  We paid them approximately 11,000 dollars, which was 15% of our total debt.  We had to pay them a hefty amount each month, and could not afford the settlements offered to us.  I then lost my job, which made things even worse.  By that time, the good service I had received got worse, and I could hardly ever reach them for help.  They did make a temporary settlement with one lawyer, but then I was on my own.  One company put a lien on our house; another attached my wages until I was let go from that job.  Now they are bothering me again.

Basically, I do not know whether I have any case or not, but would be willing to look into a possible settlement if others are in it with me.  I did get good service in the beginning, until a girl named Sandra retired.  I never was able to reach them after that.

I see that they are in business again, after a term of not being in business.  I think the old adage, "once burned dreads the fire" applies here.  I am being very cautious right now.  If anyone is in the same boat, let me know.  I will check periodically.

Mary Ann