Complaint Review: Clear Financial

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Clear Financial
Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Clear Financial Beware of this Scam Orlando Florida

I received a call from a number (402-982-0771 a California #) Card Services on 6/8/09. The person said they represented Visa and that I should take advantage of a 6.9% interest rate. They had basic information about my cards and asked for the expiration date and account numbers for verification. They were able to tell me what the outstanding balance(s) were and it seemed legitimate. The person (Kevin x227) said their customer service # is 877-212-3634.

Next, I was told that I would be called by a verfier to tell me about the program. I did receive a call in a short while from (407-412-4817 a Florida #) and spoke to a man who said his name was John Wilkerson - I was promised a near 0% interest rate at this point (not the 6.9%) and overall savings of up to $8500. He said the conversation would be recorded and I would received a written contract in the mail within 7-10 business days; he called the company ACR Equity Group. I was asked about my cards, balances, current interest rates, etc... He put me on hold for a few minutes and then an automated voice came on with a 7 digit confirmation number. As I asked what this would cost me, John rudely said 'LET ME FINISH'; I let it passed, but marked it mentally. The price of $1495 was told to me and I specifically asked when would this be charged to my card - John's words were 'Only after we have successfully secured a cheaper interest for your cards'. By the way, John told me the customer service number is 877-521-2091 M-F (9-6).

Further, I was told I would now speak with a 'financial advisor', so they could begin shopping for a better rate. I spoke with a Brenna and she began calling my banks starting with the cheapest rate I have (the first rep at Chase was leary and told me I didn't need to pay someone to help me get a better rate - Brenna told the rep he was rude and promptly hung up on him). After calling the other cards, yet unsuccessfully being able to negotiate a better rate, Brenna told me she applied to Citi Bank for a card in my name and it usually takes 48 hours to get a response from the bank. She scheduled an appt to call me back on 6/11/09 at 3pm.

On 6/10/09, the fraud alert dept on my BOA card called; ACR Equity aka Clear Financial had sent a charge through for the $1495, without doing anything for me; I explained to the bank what happened and they promptly canceled my card number and rejected the charge!

Today, 6/11/09, Brenna called saying she was with Clear Financial (it was ACR Equity on 6/8) at 5pm stating she had me down for an appt (wrong, it was suppose to be 3pm); then she left a number for me to call back (888-528-4438). I tried this number just to see what I would get and a professional sounding voicemail came on which just say's, 'You have reached our office after hours, etc...' It never announces the company number name, exact location, internet address, etc...

It seems this scam is far reaching from Googling this company and the phone numbers, yet be advised, if they charge your card - IMMEDIATELY call your bank and dispute the charge - Check your cards often or have the bank close the card and reissue another number! Also, like me, I plan to check my credit report within the next few weeks, to insure nothing out of the ordnary appears on it.

Bernard TG
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2009 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Financial/Orlando-Florida/Clear-Financial-Beware-of-this-Scam-Orlando-Florida-460886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Financial