Complaint Review: Clear Flow Water Solutions LLC

• Updated: Tue, January 21, 2014

• Reported By: Cathy G — Lancaster Pennsylvania
Clear Flow Water Solutions LLC
PO Box 95 Douglassville, Pennsylvania USA

Clear Flow Water Solutions LLC David Parker Christina Parker Home Warranty Scam Artists Douglassville Pennsylvania

We experienced sewer/water backing up into the basement of a rental property we own in the city of Lancaster, PA.  Our tenants called because there was no hot water.  Our Home Warranty Company (American Home Shield) sent their 'preferred vendor' Clear Flow Water Solutions LLC to fix our issue.  We were told that there would be a $75 service call fee for their visit.

Upon arrival, David Parker and his co-worker appeared to be anxious, scattered, and hurried (Mr Parker has since tried to convince me that they were just 'efficient'.)  Their first idea was to use a household plunger on the floor drain to no avail.  Then they put a small gauge snake with a 1" swizel stick on the end into the main sewer out to the street (a 4" pipe).  Eventually after 45 minutes of trying, the water began to slowly recede.  Mr Parker announced that it was fixed and presented some tree roots that he said he pulled out from the main.  And unfortunately for us (but fortunately for him) - tree roots are not covered in our Home Warranty and because of that he would need to charge us an additonal $75 fee for his visit (total $150 which we paid with a credit card).

As they were rushing to pack up their truck I pressed for more information, asked exactly where was the clog, what can we do to prevent this in the future, what about the hot water heater, what about the existing water/sewage clean up . . . he simply said that's not his problem and left.  We weren't given any type of work order, receipt, or documentation of any kind.

Two days later I was again advised of water/sewage backing up into the house from the same floor drain in the basement.  I called Clear Flow and an appointment was made for the following day.  As I'm waiting for them to arrive, Mr Parker called me and said that he wouldn't be coming out to look at the issue.  Further discussion evolved into me asking why the work he performed 2 days earlier was still an issue and him trying to convince me that the tree roots grew back in 2 days.  His demeanor turned even more unprofessinoal as he began to yell and call me names as he was refusing to back up his previous work or even negotiate to come back and work on it again.  I was left with no choice but to call a professional main drain cleaner (R&B Line Opening in Washington Boro).

Later that afternoon the professional man from R&B came and within 5 minutes had the issue resolved for $120.  He used a 3/4" cable with 5ea 3" blades and he accessed the main from the clean out in the front sidewalk (not from within the basement).  He explained exactly how far back he felt the blockage was and he described hearing a gushing sound when his blades passed through the area and the water/sewage was released into the City sewer system.  He told me that he found no evidence of tree roots in the clog.

This is my opinion regarding the strategy of Clear Flow Water Systems LLC in Douglassville, PA:  Mr Parker knows he does not have the proper eqiupment, nor is he qualified or trained to clean such main sewer lines.  But he accepts the work anyway just so he can collect the $75 service call fee as well as whatever else he thinks he can get away with charging.  He rushes through like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar, wanting to get in and get out before anyone discovers what he's doing.  At best he may have made a small hole in whatever clog was there, but it certainly was not worth the $150 he charged me.  And as for tree roots, possibly they were there - or maybe they were already on the end of his equipment before he even came to my house.  I'll never know - but what I do know is that this company is shady.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Flow-Water-Solutions-LLC/Douglassville-Pennsylvania-19518/Clear-Flow-Water-Solutions-LLC-David-Parker-Christina-Parker-Home-Warranty-Scam-Artists-D-1116994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Flow Water Solutions LLC