Complaint Review: Clear Internet

• Updated: Mon, September 09, 2013

• Reported By: RMD — Los Angeles California
Clear Internet
Dept. CH 14365 Palatine, IL 60055-4365 Palatine, Illinois USA

Clear Internet theft, deceit, poor service, lied, bad technology Palatine Illinois

I joined Clear Internet when I was living in Chicago this last spring in May 2013.  It seemed to good to be true.  No long term contract, and a wireless modem that you could take any where with you.  Well it was to good to be true.  The first month the service seemed to work well.  The second month I started to notice some fluctuation in the service and by the end of the month the service was dropping for hours at a time.  I work from home so good, steady internet is very important to me.

What followed was 2 months of issues with the internet getting worse and worse.  I spent hours on the phone every other day talking with a Clear representative trying to fix the issues.  The only reason I did not cancel was because I knew that I would be moving to LA at the end of the summer and I did not want to sign a contract with another company.  I argued with Clear so much about the poor service that they even sent me a new modem.  I also tried increasing my internet to the most expensive service they provided, to no avail.  Finally came moving time.

I called to cancel and the customer service representative I spoke with told me that the signal where I was moving was much stronger then where I was currently living.  He said that I should not have the same issues in the LA location that I was currently having so to give the service a try.  He said if it was still not working when I got there I could cancel with no fees and a refund.  To my bad judgement I believed him.

Upon arriving in LA the internet was even worse.  The signal was so weak I was unable to run a song on iTunes. I called to cancel again.  The woman said that the signal was weak because the modem was rerouting itself, to give it a few days and if it did not work to call back and cancel and they would refund my money. She reassured me that she would put what she had said in the notes for the manager to read. I took her word for it and left my internet on and it continued to not work.

When I called to cancel, I told the manager all my problems that I had been having and to look at the notes.  He mumbled so much that I could barely understand him.  When I asked him to please speak up and speak clearly he became irritated and stopped speaking all together.  When I asked if he was still there he shouted into the phone that he was, then realized his behavior and was silent again. After that he continued to mumble on about no notes being in the computer and how I was correct the signal was bad however he noticed I had left the internet on so anyways so they were not going to refund my money.  I told him I felt lied to and led on and that their service had been a great disappointment  He cared not.  He mumbled something about a cancelation confirmation email and promptly hung up on me.

Clear is the worst service ever.  In theory it should be good, however they are deceitful about their technology and will not hold up to their own standards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Internet-/Palatine-Illinois-60055-4365/Clear-Internet-theft-deceit-poor-service-lied-bad-technology-Palatine-Illinois-1083020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Internet