stuck

• Submitted: Fri, August 03, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 03, 2012

• Reported By: Matt — Nashvillt Tennessee United States of America
Clear Internet

Clear Internet Which internet service provider will lie, cheat and steal customers when they try to leave? Internet

I signed up for Clear Internet one year ago.

When I signed up, I explicitly asked if I could cancel the service at any time without a fee. I was told that I could.

For one year, I put up with Clear's horrendous internet service. Their service was unbelievably slow and spotty. For $50 a month, it was a total ripoff.

Last week, I moved. The place where I'm moving is up on a hill surrounded by forest on all sides. If my connection was bad when I was in the city, I knew the connection would be a joke at my new place. So I called Clear to cancel service.

The customer service representatives they use were extremely unhelpful. When I was told that I had signed up for a two-year contract and had to pay a cancellation fee, I was livid. Nowhere in my Clear information can I find mention of the two-year contract. I protested, and eventually (after 45 minutes on the phone), the representative I was speaking with told me that they had waived the cancellation fee.

Well, this morning I awoke to a $65 charge from Clear in my bank account. WTF?

I called Clear back, spent another 45 minutes on the phone and this time was informed that they had to send my complaint to their financial processing division. I'm sure I won't hear from them.

Clear lies, Clear cheats, and Clear then happily screws you some more. This is easily the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from Clear internet. Whatever you do, go with a different ISP.

No one should have to be treated the way I've been treated by Clear. They wasted my time, stole my money and provided a truly crappy service all along.

Buyer Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 07:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Internet/internet/Clear-Internet-Which-internet-service-provider-will-lie-cheat-and-steal-customers-when-t-921880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Internet