Complaint Review: Clear Internet

• Updated: Wed, April 18, 2012

• Reported By: Eva — Portland Oregon United States of America
Clear Internet
Dept. CH 14365 Internet United States of America

Clear Internet false information about services, billing cycles and billing Internet

*Author of original report: On going Clear drama

Was told I would get $49.99 pacakge for 34.99 when signing up for Clear and Dish Network at the same time. Paid a month in adavance for service, billing cycle was on the first of the month. Clear took out another payment on 4/16/2012. They said my service started on 3/16/2012, the day I called and ordered it. Did not recieve modem till 3/23/12 and did not active till 4/1/2012. Was told billing started the day of activation and connection to the computer. Clear says the day I called to order was the day of billing. Serivce slow and when through Tech Support, diagnostic, 4 phone calls and 2 managers later. Second manager tells me we are on the "End of the Service Spectrum" and will never get more than 2 bars of power on the modem! And they tried to sell me the Faster Package! They should have told me that when I called in to order service, and yes they did check my zip code for coverge! Asked about the "Deal" I was offered, they said they have no offers in the U.S. like that, they are in the Phillippines. Tried to get my money back, I am within the 30 day return policy and 15 day service gaurantee. Still waiting for their Finance Dept to call me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2012 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Internet/internet/Clear-Internet-false-information-about-services-billing-cycles-and-billing-Internet-869880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Internet

On going Clear drama

AUTHOR: red3953 - (United States of America)

after spending 3 hours on the phone Monday, two hours Tuesday and 1 hour today (Wednesday) Surprise only resolution is I canceled the service, was promised $20 back for two weeks of service I was charged for as modem sat in a box, the promised whole dollar amount back. Total of $99.98. Now I get a phone call from a another "supervisor saying I am only getting back $34.99 for May service, they charged me on 4/16 for May 2012 service. And when they get the modem back, I will receive $19.99 back. Told other supervisors do not have the "say" in what happens the the account. They told me I would have the money back in 3-5 business and and the modem was being shipped back to the state next to mine (he said this) I 'm in Oregon, so I said Washington state, he says yes. It's Pennsylvania where it's being sent back to. Yeeeshhhhhh, I will do everything in my power to tell everyone I come across not to sign up for Clear anything!!!!!!