Complaint Review: Clear Wire

• Updated: Thu, August 11, 2011

• Reported By: Maegan — Arlington Texas United States of America
Clear Wire
3811 South Cooper Street Arlington, Texas United States of America

Clear Wire Clear wireless, Clear Poor Customer Service, long wait times, rude employees Arlington, Texas

After being told I was moving to a well covered area, I was excited to set up service with Clear. The man I spoke to said that my new area was "surrounded" in towers and my coverage would be great.

I get everything set up and wait for the modem to find a signal. After trying several spots in my home to pick up a signal, I barely seem to pick up a bar except for when I hung the modem in a window as well as duct taped it to keep it from falling.

I had to deal with this less-than-dial-up-speed connection for 3 months, I was glad to be able to finally set up with another company.

While trying to cancel my service, I was put on hold for over three hours. During that time, I tried their online customer service where I was treated like crap and basically told to f*** off.

This company is a joke. After I was able to finally get a hold of some one over the phone, they kept putting me back on hold and kept trying to get me to reconsider. [continued below]....
..... The worst part is I had initially canceled two months prior to this day.

So in the end, I'm out over $100 (which I was rudely informed is non-refundable) and I'm kinda pissed for having to waste my time with these jerks. I wouldn't ever go back to Clear, even if they paid me to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2011 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Wire/Arlington-Texas-76017/Clear-Wire-Clear-wireless-Clear-Poor-Customer-Service-long-wait-times-rude-employees-Ar-764003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Wire