Complaint Review: Clear Wire

• Updated: Wed, August 14, 2013

• Reported By: Allen — Margate Florida
Clear Wire
19501 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL ‎33180 Miami, Florida USA

Clear Wire Clear Internet SalesDish.comhttp://www.dish.com/entertainment/internet-phone/satellite-internet/ Fraudulent Transaction, unauthorized credit card charges, difficulty to cancel, very long hold times, uninformative, poor customer service, fraud, ripoff, rude, Miami Florida

I went to this website:http://www.dish.com/entertainment/internet-phone/satellite-internet/

I asked to order the high speed internet service for my new apartment.

The customer service agent tried to sell me an expensive TV package I did not want. After refusing it several times, I informed him that I weanted internet only.

He explained the speed, service type and made it sound like the order would be no problem. He told me that he would not be able to provide the intet service through Dish networks.

He then informed me that he could take an order for Clear Wire and process it. I was informed of the following:

1) I would have to pay for the equipment first (around $37.00)

2) Once the service was installed, I would be billed for the first months service (around $39. [continued below]....

.....00/monthly)

3) I asked the customer service person to verify that I would not be charged until the service was installed. He kept me on hold and returned to say that that was correct.

4) I would receive a confirmation to my personal email address of the order once processed. I never received the order in my in-box.

After getting off the phone with them, I received a call from the fraud monitoring department at my bank no later than 10 minutes after placing the order. My account had been charged more than double the amount I was told. See below a copy & paste right out of my online banking.

08/14/2013 Debit CLEAR 888-253 #7779 $1.00
08/14/2013 Debit CLEAR 888-253 #7779 $85.28

When I called DISH back to complain, they told me that I had to call clearwire to cancel the order. I called Clear Wire and spent 40 minutes on the phone being transferred from one person to another and being paced on hold with no good cause for ten inutes at a time.

Everytime someone came on the line, they said, "Let me use my resources to check the status of this account."

I was asked for name and account phone number more than three times. When I finally got the cancellation department 30 minutes later, they informed me that I had to accept the charge for the equipment and go through the return process once I received it. Only when they received it back would my money be refunded.

The refunds department told me that the customer service agent I spoke to entered my email address as allen@dish.com, even though it had never been assigned to me. She claimes to have corrected the email, but I think she just put me onl hold and sat there.

It has been 20 minutes since I got off of the phone with the "refunds department" and I have not received an email confirmation for the refund of my service. Now I am going to be forced to wait until this transaction posts and waste even more time in line at the bank disputing the charge...After it posts of course.

Do not use this Dish Networks or Clear Wire . They are untrustworthy. The customer service department is filled with people who have a weak command of the English Language.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Wire/Miami-Florida-33180/Clear-Wire-Clear-Internet-SalesDishcomhttpwwwdishcomentertainmentinternet-phones-1075878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Wire