meat

• Submitted: Sat, November 13, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, November 13, 2010

• Reported By: Joe — Houston Texas USA
Clear Wireless Internet

Clear Wireless Internet The CLEAR Difference: Lot's of Down Time and Slow Connection Houston, Texas Internet

I am so tired of Clear.  They promise you the world and deliver, at best, mediocre service.  My experience has included frequent down times, slow speed, and incompetent technical service.  Yesterday service was down for more than four hours.  I work out of my home and I cannot afford to be down for more than four hours at a time. I spent more than half an hour on the phone with an incompetent tech who walked me through the usual unplug and reboot sequences that anyone can do on their own.  I asked him to call me back, he told me he could not.  I asked to speak with a supervisor, he told me that they were busy.  Today, I called to complain about the slow service and down time.

This is what I was told by Luis (he would not give me his complete name, nor an employee ID):  "The service that we provide is not 24/7.  I know that being down four hours is a hassle, but at least it was only 4 hours."  Then after waiting 15 minutes for a Supervisor, he offered me a credit of $1.16!  I told him not to insult me.  I hung up and called back again.  This time, I spoke with Chris Oberman he was polite and said,  We are new and having problems with the system and providing steady connections, DUH!  He took my number and said that a supervisor would call me back with one hour.  He said we have 75 people talking with customers and only one Supervisor!  I told him I want out of my contract without a cancellation fee.  He said call back on Monday and speak with "Billing Dept and Customer Service!!?"   The CLEAR Difference is that all the promises of fast and dependable service are a complete FRAUD!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2010 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Wireless-Internet/internet/Clear-Wireless-Internet-The-CLEAR-Difference-Lots-of-Down-Time-and-Slow-Connection-Hou-661514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Wireless Internet