Complaint Review: Clear Your Debt

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:Swartz Louisiana
Clear Your Debt
2201 Donley Dr. #250 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Clear Your Debt Clear Your Debt Takes Your Money, Does Nothing!! Austin Texas

I signed up with CYD a year ago and they took my payments, but did nothing to work with my creditors. I was sued by one creditor and was told I would get a refund by two employees, then was told I would not get a refund since they had done some work! According to the creditor and the attorney that was sueing me, they did very little. I was also told by Randy and Steve that I should contact a local lawyer, because they were not familiar with out of state laws.

Since I felt I was owed at least a partial refund, I contacted the BBB. I found out a lot of people have been taken advantage of by CYD. Over a hundred the last time I checked. The BBB contacted CYD, who then offered me around $345 as a refund. At that time I also had another account with them that I had paid in full. The person I was speaking to about the refund asked me what was going on with the other account! I said I didn't know because the person that was supposed to be handleing it, would not return my emails or calls. He told me to think about the $345 and get back to him.

Two days later I recieved an email from the BBB stating they had cancelled my account with them, two hours later, I recieved an email from CYD stating they were cancelling my account with CYD and I was no longer a client with them. They did not give one reason, but since they recieved the same email from the BBB, I assume that is why they cancelled my other account. It turns out the BBB had accidentally cancelled my complaint and re-instated it. CYD then said they would open my account back with them, if I would drop my complaint with the BBB. I told them, I couldn't do that because I felt I had been severely taken advantage of.

They then used the account they had cancelled as leverage. I finally told them I just wanted a refund, since they wouldn't do anything with that account anyway. The last offer from them was around $240. They see nothing wrong taking people's money and doing nothing! Right now I think they are getting all the money they possibly can because they are going out of business or changing their name. The BBB really can't do anything if the company is not willing to do anything. Stay away from Clear Your Debt, the only thing they will get you is sued!

Ann
Swartz, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2008 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Your-Debt/Austin-Texas-78758/Clear-Your-Debt-Clear-Your-Debt-Takes-Your-Money-Does-Nothing-Austin-Texas-361746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Your Debt