Complaint Review: Clear/Clearwire

• Updated: Tue, February 22, 2011

• Reported By: Sergio — Tolleson Washington United States of America
Clear/Clearwire
4400 Carrillon Pt Kirkland, Washington United States of America

Clear/Clearwire OBSOLETE TECHNOLOGY, NOT AVAILAIBLE IN MANY PLACES IN THE US, FAILED TO GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT TO DO W/MY OLD MODEM Kirkland, Washington

In February of 2008 I signed up for Clearwire service.  Little did I know that It was an outdated and virtually obsolete technology in my opinion.

I received a modem for accessing the internet at that time.  About a year later I recieved another modem without even requesting one.  I was not informed about what to do with the old one so I just set it aside.

When I moved and cancelled my service ( they don't have clearwire service in any part of Arizona) I returned the newer modem and didn't give any thought to the old one untill I received my bank statement.  On the statement there was an a charge of $74.32 for the old modem.

I called Clear/Clearwire and was told that the terms required the return of the old modem ( I quess I didn't read all of the FINE PRINT! ) Regardless, at the time they shipped me the new modem they should have CLEARLY instructed me to return the old modem.

I also question were they get the value of the old and probably obsolete modem?  And, what do they do with the old ones - recycle them, refubish them, throw them away?

Don't waste your time on a technology that is probably years past it's practical use.  Get yourself a modern and up to date internet service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2011 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ClearClearwire/Kirkland-Washington-98033/ClearClearwire-OBSOLETE-TECHNOLOGY-NOT-AVAILAIBLE-IN-MANY-PLACES-IN-THE-US-FAILED-TO-G-698755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear/Clearwire