Complaint Review: Clearwire Communications

• Submitted: Mon, July 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:west linn Oregon
Clearwire Communications
www.clear.com Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

Clearwire Communications pay for service, but only delivered half the time Portland Oregon

*Consumer Comment: "CANCELATION" REBUTTAL COMMENTS

*UPDATE Employee: Cancelation

I was one of the first to try clear when they came to our market. It only worked about half of the locations around the city, but i was told that was because they're new and that would be fixed shortly.

Its been about a year and the service has not improved even a little. The two locations i need have never and still do not have service at all.

Good luck trying to cancel your 'service'. They wont let you do it in person, or by email, or on their website. You are forced to call a specialist who will try everything to convince you not to close your account and when that fails, charge you an early termination charge - despite the fact they didn't deliver their end of the contract.

Very low class outfit - obviously meant for the uneducated, poor credit rated user individual.

Macobian
west linn, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2009 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clearwire-Communications/Portland-Oregon-97223/Clearwire-Communications-pay-for-service-but-only-delivered-half-the-time-Portland-Oregon-471628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clearwire Communications

"CANCELATION" REBUTTAL COMMENTS

AUTHOR: IMDONE - (USA)

I had a similar experience as the original report writer did.  I tried repeatedly to contact customer "service" to resolve my situation.  I was blatantly lied to, the people (one which was a "supervisor") were very rude, and they did nothing to resolve the situation.  It was pathetic.  I could have gotten a better discussion from a toddler on the street at any time.  I sure didn't need to call on the phone for one!

My comment is to draw attention to the writer of the rebuttal, "Perkinswilm".  This person obviously works for Clearwire.  Given the comments and attitude of this person, I have to say nothing more about the typical customer "service" representatives and their lack of assistance and pompous attitudes, as so shown by the rebuttal author of "Cancelation."  They are quite unwilling to be pleasant and helpful, as Perkinswilm so glowingly displayed.  His attitude toward the person's problem with Clearwire is pretty standard of the service reps with whom you have the bad luck to speak to on the other end of the phone.  Do not expect anything from them, that way you won't be disappointed whatsoever!

Cancelation

AUTHOR: Perkinswilm - (U.S.A.)

Good luck with canceling your service........ Well, the way that I see it, our service is just like any cellphone service provider out there. If you break the contract, then you have to pay penalties. Clearwire/Clear, the partners are very linient on our customers. Yes, I said ours. I am in the webchat team and have been with the company for some time now. We do make you troubleshoot via the phone with our Tech department. And then, yes we do send out our Techs to survey the signal in your area. If there is signal, then you can and will recieve signal to your modem. So, if that is what our Techs come up with, then guess what....yes, you do have to pay the ETF. And it does make sence that you would have to CALL IN to cancel, because we care why you want to cancel. Returning your equipment. We say that you can not return the equipment to a local retail store just so IF the store fails to send it in within the alloted time, YOU would not have to pay for the equipment. Does it not make sence that YOU would want to send it in to MAKE SURE THE EQUIPMENT was sent?? Let's get reasonable people. We are not the only company that has policies and rules. You just do not have anything else to do but to complain about one company after another. Just like now, on third shift, I am here at work, and reading up on what 3,000 people has to say about my company and enjoying helping the other 56,000,000 satisfied customers. Why am I doing this, because I have time to on third shift....