• Report: #319334

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
Clearwire High Speed Internet
www.clearwire.com Internet U.S.A.

Clearwire High Speed Internet clearwire ripoff Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't Pay!

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't Pay!

*Consumer Suggestion: Did you sign a contract...

clearwire wants to charge me an early cancilation fee because i canciled my internet contract with them. the reason why i canciled was clearwire was anything but high speed, i got faster connections from dial up than i did from them. finally clearwire quit working all together, i could not get a signal from any of their towers and i could not get on the internet. i contacted their tech. support and all they did was tell me to move my modem to different locations around my house, wich i did but it did not fix the problem. i sent their modem back to them. they have had their equipment back since jan. 08 and they still have not canciled my contract as they want 179.00 dollars for what they call early cancilation. i believe i do not owe clearwire anything as their service was not what they had promised. there is a website called clearwire sucks .com and from what i have seen, there are a lot of complaints about clearwire.

Gordon
jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2008 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clearwire-High-Speed-Internet/internet/Clearwire-High-Speed-Internet-clearwire-ripoff-Internet-319334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clearwire High Speed Internet

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't Pay!

AUTHOR: Angie - (U.S.A.)

I had Clear wire also. My service was great but the billing was a nightmare. I didn't sign a conmtract and they claimed I did. When I asked for copies I never received any. I still have their modem and told them they had a certain time to send someone to get it. I was told I needed to send it back at my expense. I told them the longer it sits on my shelf, the more money will owe me due to the rent I was going to start charging them for shelf space. That was in September of 07, adn I still have the modem and I haven't heard anything from them. DON'T PAY THEM A DIME!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Don't Pay!

AUTHOR: Angie - (U.S.A.)

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Did you sign a contract...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

That specifies an early cancellation fee?

If so, then you owe them the money regardless of whether or not you feel you do. My advice is to pay it. If not they will likely send the account to a collections agency and your credit could be affected.