- Report: #279001
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Clearwire Wireless
Clearwire Wireless3525 E Post Road, Ste 110 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
Clearwire Wireless Clearwire misrepresents itself, does not state clearly upon installation there are down/upload limitations Las Vegas Nevada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Clearwire advertises it's broadband speeds, as a main selling point of their business/services. I signed up for the service, when a representative visited my house and signed me up.
I was NOT told at that time that there are limits as to the amount of data one can transfer. I've been backing up my data to a database over the course of the last 2 weeks or so. A few days ago I noticed that I could not hardly upload OR download anything, which was really odd.
I've been trying to diagnose the problem for four days, and then I finally called customer service.Much to my surprise I was told my modem had been "throttled down".
I asked WHY and they said I'd been using too much bandwith! I told them I had NO idea this was even a possibility and the Cust. Serv. said "it's in the contract you signed". I said WELL then why does Clearwire advertise as one of it's main selling points, it's DATA TRANSFER SPEEDS??
INCLUDED:Up to 2.0 Mb download/256k upload speeds**That is right ON the website.
I told the man that I had no idea this could happen and asked WHEN they did this ("throttled" my modem down!) he said he had no idea. I THEN asked what is the limit of data that can be transferred before they do this!? He said HE HAD NO IDEA on that either!!
What a rip-off! I am extremely disappointed that none of this extremely important information was told to me by the man who signed me up for service.
I have had internet for 10 years and never have been told that I'm transferring too much data or using too much bandwith.
I am really furious about this:
1) that nobody told me upon signing the contract that such a rule existed!
2) that I WAS NOT NOTIFIED that they "throttled my modem" down, subjecting me to stress over WHY my computer was running so slow, this even intefered with my home-based business, a dog rescue group, today when trying to do paperwork at the central database, I was almost unable to complete the required paperwork to do a dog adoption. (In a rebuttal submitted to the BBB they claim they DID email me - I DID NOT GET THIS EMAIL!)
This is extremely rude and deceptive of CLEARWIRE and I would like to get OUT of the contract and get back into my old ISP, EMBARQ DSL. As stated I've never had issues with any of our ISPs including EMBARQ DSL, CHARTER cable internet or Verizon DSL before that!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2007 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clearwire-Wireless/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89120/Clearwire-Wireless-Clearwire-misrepresents-itself-does-not-state-clearly-upon-installatio-279001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.