Complaint Review: Clearwire

• Reported By: Gilead — Atlanta Georgia
Clearwire
1475 120th Ave Ne Bellevue, WA, 98005 Atlanta, Georgia USA

Clearwire Clearwire-Clearly a Ripoff Atlanta Georgia

I was a Clearwire customer for approximately 2 years (2012-2014). I used the services because their tower was close (decent signal) and price was right (cheap).

In spite of multiple service problems over the two years I stuck with them for the aforementioned reasons.

Two months ago I moved to a new area of Atlanta. As soon as possibleI checked the signal from Clearwire and found it was almost nonexistent.I contacted

Clearwire to find out where their nearest cell tower was located and if tthey could "boost" my signal. They told me it "..should be a good signal and they would check into increasing the signal strength."

After waiting for a response, and getting nothing; I signed up with a new Provider.

I then contacted Clearwire to cancel the service.

The obviously foreign call center worker asked for my new address and asked 5 security questions before we could procedd.

After 20 minutes of Q&A she "offered" to cancel service "real time" or immediately.

When I asked her about any billing, I was informed that I would owe for the next months service since I was cancelling 1 DAY AFTER THE DUE DATE.

As i,not so calmly explained, I paid for service I didn't get last month and they are more than willing to CANCEL the service immediately nowever they expect me to pay for services I wont be getting.  Now I am forced to pay for two service providers for service for the next 3 weeks.

I now feel pretty stupid for trying to stay with Clearwire at my new location. Apparently $50 is more important tahn customer service with Clearwire. Unless you live UNDER onr of ther towers-DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clearwire/Atlanta-Georgia-30329/Clearwire-Clearwire-Clearly-a-Ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-1114818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clearwire