Complaint Review: Clearwire

• Submitted: Sun, August 29, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, August 29, 2010

• Reported By: Dallas, Texas — Dallas Texas United States of America
4400 Carillon Pt. Kirkland, Washington United States of America

Clearwire CLEAR, Clear.com, Clear LLC PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE: BEWARE of CLEAR.com! Kirkland, Washington

PLEASE SEE: http://www.tzlegal.com/news-cases/clearwire/

This summer, I took over a Clearwire contract from another unhappy customer (my old roommate). At the start, I was quoted a price of $40.00 a month (without a pre-scheduled increase) for 4G Wireless Internet Service by Clear.com.

The original Clearwire equipment that I purchased didn't work properly, so Clear sent to me several different versions of the equipment - but none worked. Their 4G equipment could not get and hold a signal - continuous disconnects. I worked with Techs for hours. So after many calls, they finally sent me a (much slower) 3G/4G piece of equipment - And, I was told that my monthly service charge would go down to $25.00 per month since the 3G service would be much slower (and for all the trouble that I'd been through).

A few days later, I find that my monthly service charge had been more than doubled to $55.00 per month. So I called CS and complained - and Clear.com (specifically a helpless supervisor named Sharon) begrudgingly lowered it to $40.00 temporarily, but said that it would rise again to $55.00 monthly in six months. And, if I didn't like it, too bad. I was welcome to take my business elsewhere. (!)

I am still in shock. I did NOT agree to this contract! Clear.com did not provide the 4G Service OR the Price that they promised. ALL LIES! Before switching to Clear.com, I was paying much less per month with TimeWarner, and now I regret that I ever left. The deal I had with TimeWarner is no longer available.

I feel that I have personally been victimized by a Bait-and-Switch SCAM by Clear.com. I also firmly believe that Clearwire has violated my rights as a consumer with Deceptive Trade Practices. And obviously, I am not alone in my complaints.
DID YOU KNOW... About the national CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT that was filed against Clearwire? I didnt.

I guess I found out the hard way.

If you are considering Clear.com / Clearwire DON'T!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2010 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clearwire/Kirkland-Washington-98033/Clearwire-CLEAR-Clearcom-Clear-LLC-PUBLIC-SERVICE-NOTICE-BEWARE-of-CLEARcom-Kirklan-635406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clearwire