Complaint Review: Clearwire

• Updated: Thu, May 08, 2008

• Reported By:Hertel Wisconsin
clearwire.com Internet U.S.A.

Clearwire Out of Service- Out of Money Internet

I signed a 2 year agreement with Clearwire starting in January. The first 3 months were "Supposed to be free." The first representive told me that if I moved and there was no Clearwire service availbable, then they would "waive the termintaion fee." The termination fee is $200.00. I asked the guy if it would work in my next home area, but of course, he could not tell me whether or not it worked. I was told, though, that they would be "going nationwide in November."

So I ended up moving and of course it did not work in my next location, so I called in April to cancel Clearwire. The first representative told me that he could go ahead and do that, but I wanted to wait a couple days until my next internet provider came through. So I called them back a couple days later.

Well, the next people would not just let me cancel without charging the "termination fee." I was told a lot of different things as far as having somebody "take over" my agreement. I was told that a truck had to come out and verify that it did not work, but that if I already moved, then it would not come out to check. I talked with the "supervisor" who would not let me talk to anyone else. All my calls were screened to go straight to her.

I argued that I was not going to pay the $200.00 to cover something that did not even work! She tried to make a deal with me, saying that I had to pay for the months I had internet plus some more costs. In the end, she ended up charging my credit card for about $180.00.

It's a bunch of false advertising and the representatives tell different things. I was told by a company, that used to do work with them, that they stopped doing business because the representatives lie. They said that Clearwire has good connection speed, but it doesn't work everywhere.

What a Rip-off!! Why would I sign an agreement if it wasn't guarenteed to work???

Hertel, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2008 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clearwire/internet/Clearwire-Out-of-Service-Out-of-Money-Internet-331366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clearwire