Complaint Review: Clearwire

Clearwire
www.clearwire.com Internet U.S.A.

Clearwire ripping me off. sends DOS attacks Internet

* : You are not being attacked by your ISP

*UPDATE Employee: I bet you did pay...

Been using clearwire for a few years. It has always had problems but there isn't much for an ISP around here. Sometimes it is a good connection but for the most part, it lags. I mainly use it to play online games or watch youtube videos but my experience always sucks due to my connection. I find it odd that the connection is usually clear late at night around 2-3 AM. One day I was checking my netgear router's logs online. I find a message saying

[DOS attack: Smurf] attack packets in last 20 sec from ip [96.24.48.150],
Friday, Jun 05,2009 12:27:21

I search the IP address and behold
Host name: 96-24-48-150.klt.clearwire-dns.net.
IP address: 96.24.48.150

DOS stands for Denial of service, and the log had a pretty nice list of attacks and times, all from the same IP.

Awhile back they contacted us saying we are using too much bandwidth or something. I find it weird since I rarely ever download anything nor do i play heavy online games like World of Warcraft.

not sure if this is common practice for companies but if so, their bandwidth cap is extremely low. maybe they should invest into more "pipes"

What a ripoff company. Im glad their stocks are doing terrible. Going to try and find something else. I would rather have dial-up because atleast I get my money's worth from that.

Going to refuse to pay the cancellation fee, I'd take them to court before I have to pay. The moral of the story is, your clearwire connection sucks because they make it suck.

Herbdf
Copperas Cove, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2009 10:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clearwire/internet/Clearwire-ripping-me-off-sends-DOS-attacks-Internet-459080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clearwire

#1

You are not being attacked by your ISP

AUTHOR: ColleenV - (USA)

The DOS Attack you are reporting from your ISP is not really from your ISP. One of the symptoms of a Smurf attack is that the attacks appear to come from YOUR IP address, when in actuality, it's being spoofed.

<font color="red"><a href="/whyedited.asp" target="why"> CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. </a></font>

I bet you did pay...

AUTHOR: Perkinswilm - (U.S.A.)

What a lame excuse to down the most secured Broadband internet service provider out there. Read the Terms of Service concerning the gaming issues and make sure you read up before you take us to court.