Complaint Review: Clement Ng

• Updated: Sun, March 03, 2013

• Reported By: Joan — Houston Texas United States of America
Clement Ng
2021 W. 61st. Ave. Vancouver, British Columbia United States of America

Clement Ng Sweet Home Vacations Orlando Beware of this vacation rental scam Vancouver, British Columbia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Issue Resolved

Be very careful if renting one of Ng's properties and be certain to have back up plans. I entered into a Rental Agreement with him for a property in Davenport, Fla. for a family christmas and he thoroughly ruined our plans. I paid a deposit, signed the agreement, and paid the full rental price and then proceeded to make all of the other arrangements for our christmas including 11 plane tickets, 11 Disneyworld tickets and 11 Universal tickets. Two months after entering the agreement, I got an email from Ng telling me the place was no longer available because the "owner" decided to sell the property. The real property records show that he is the owner. He said he sent a refund of my $2400 over 13 days ago and I still do not have one penny. Then he said he would wire it into my account and, needless to say, I am still waiting. His dishonesty is evident on his own website, sweethomevacation.com, where he shows that the property we rented is now being rented by someone else during our dates, 12/22-12/29.

It appears he got a renter who was willing to pay him more or stay for more than the 7 days we had reserved. In addition, although he said the property was no longer available to rent, his website clearly shows he has already rented it most days through to August 2012. Be very careful that your plans are not ruined by this dishonest rental property owner. With the airfare, park tickets, and rental property money I paid, I am out in excess of $7000!!!!! If you need a rental property near Disneyworld go to a reputable owner instead of this dishonest man so your vacation is not ruined.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2011 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clement-Ng/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V6P2C6/Clement-Ng-Sweet-Home-Vacations-Orlando-Beware-of-this-vacation-rental-scam-Vancouver-Bri-802523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clement Ng

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: SHV - (United States of America)

Please note that the above issue was fully resolved as of December 2011, and the renter received their full refund back. A mistake was made to accept a Double Booking, and regretfully we had to honor the booking to the guest who made the booking first. It was a serious mistake and we have since then made changes to our system and trained our staff to
prevent it from happening again.

We never cancel a booking just because someone is willing to offer more. In this case, the renter who stayed at the house was the renter who made the booking first. If we had another unit available, we would have gladly accepted the booking. Unfortunately since we were fully booked, we had no choice but to fully refund the renter.

Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

To view more reviews, click here:
(((ROR redacted)))

CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. Once lawyers are willing to take on a case against a business, those lawyers will make arrangements with Rip-off Report to put alleged victims in touch with them. Read this link to see why this is for your own protection.