Complaint Review: Cleveland Institute Of Electronics

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By:Margate Florida
Cleveland Institute Of Electronics
1776 E. 17th, Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Cleveland Institute Of Electronics Scamm!, A representative, promise me that I could do the course at any pace Cleveland Ohio

*Consumer Comment: C.I.E. is a good School, They Deliver What They Promise.

*General Comment: Cleveland Institute of Elec. is an Excellent School

*General Comment: Good School!

This is what they did to me:
years ago I was interested in the electronics courses i asked for info and called them to register. They sent someone to my home. At that time I was unemployed and I needed to do the course QUICK. I aske3d because I wanted to be clear and sure that I could take the course on my own pace , independent of payment. I cited " like buying a car" so if I did my payments on time, they will send me whatever I need on a timed manner. ( If someone buys a car they get the whole car, not one wheel each month and then the tires ets )This was extremely important because I needed the course to get a better job.So everything was ok, I was sending money monthly, like it was suposed to be. Taking odd jobs here and there to survive

At the begining I was receiving booklets in the mail , with the regular mail, study them and send the questinaries back the next day.

After the second month I notice that they where taking longer to sent me new material. Until one day I called them and they told me that I needed to do more payments! I had a contract to sent MONTHLY Payments and now that was not an option!

So I had to get any job and with wife and 2 kids, I did not had the time to continue with the course , but they had the time to f^%#$&^%$ more:

I still had to pay for the entire course! and I did it! And they never sent me any more materials! When i called they told me that I needed to pay for the course again! and they still kept the materials!

Margate, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cleveland-Institute-Of-Electronics/Cleveland-Ohio-44114/Cleveland-Institute-Of-Electronics-Scamm-A-representative-promise-me-that-I-could-do-th-439150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cleveland Institute Of Electronics

C.I.E. is a good School, They Deliver What They Promise.

AUTHOR: whoizdat - ()

I am a former graduate with a certificate of completion. I also worked in the computer industry for many years. I got a job out of the certificate recieved without any previous experience. Cleveland Institute treated me fairly and delivered exactly what they said they would. In my experience, if you do the work and study hard, you will succeed. Their programs are not shortcuts and you do have to work at it. I cannot speak to the experiences of this gentleman from Florida, but I found success through the course that I took.

#2 General Comment

Cleveland Institute of Elec. is an Excellent School

AUTHOR: nyquistuk - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear that Margate of Florida had such a bad experience with CIE, and I believe if he has actually paid for his course in full he simply need to ask them for the remaining materials that were never sent and they would gladly supply them.

I have personally dealt with CIE for more than 30 years and have no complaints about them whatsoever, and they have always been very courteous to me and fulfilled my request.

I have taken the Electrical Engineering Course 6 from them and it is an excellent program for either the dedicated student learning that level of material for the first time or as review for the practicing engineer.

I have been an engineer for more than 40 years and I still find the material from that program a helpful refresher anytime that I need it...  and in fact for quite a number of years that particular program has been available in the student library at MIT's Engineering Library, so they must think pretty highly of it to have it available there as a reference.

Anyway, that is my personal experience and I hate to see anyone slamming them unjustly, and this person needs to simply seek them out directly to help resolve his problem, and like any other educational program it is all about what you put into it as to what you will get out in the end...  and if you complete their program I can assure you that you will surely get a better job that will help yourself and family.

#3 General Comment

Good School!

AUTHOR: Dean - (United States of America)

There is no free lunch guys. You have to pay for any company's services! They are in business to provide a service. If they tried to take care of every special circumstance, they would need a government bailout to stay afloat.

I attended CIE for four years, completing two degrees in my spare time to help get me better jobs at my current employer. They were a breeze to work with.

I kept up with my payments and kept my shipping account up to date with funds and it always went smoothly.

As with any college, distance college or not (my daughter is in the UW system), you get out of it what you put into it. Some say that on-line degrees aren't worth anything, but I disagree.

My daughter tells me about kids in the UW system that are basically buying their way through college, not doing any of the grunt work. So put some effort into it, pay the business, and earn something that no one can ever take from you! An education!