Complaint Review: Clipper Card

• Updated: Fri, February 07, 2014

• Reported By: dwisfedup — San Francisco California
Clipper Card
San Francisco, California USA

Clipper Card fraud, refuse to refund, crappy customer service, took my money San Francisco California

I had a monthly Muni pass on autoload. Clipper Card offers an online site where you can manage your account. I no longer needed the pass ($66/mo) so I searched all over the website to disable autoload. There was only one "Disable autoload" link so I went through the process and turned off the autoload (done in end of October 2013). I assumed that it disabled the autoload for everything since this was the only option I saw on the site. The coming month, November 2013, Clipper did NOT charge me for a Muni pass. Great! That means it worked. Come December 2013, I got hit with a Muni pass charge which was surprising.

I called customer service to find out why I was charged, even though I had disabled autoload. The guy said, you only disabled the autoload for Clipper Cash, not the Muni Pass. There was a separate form to fill out in order to stop the Muni Pass autoload. He showed me how to get the form which I filled out and mailed to them asap. The customer service guy also put a block on the Muni pass for the month of December and told me not to use the card to prevent activating my pass. They would have to file for a refund request. I did exactly what he told me and one month later, still no refund.

I called back in to ask the status on the refund request - request denied.  Apparently, once it's been loaded to the card it's considered a "used pass" and Muni does not refund for "used passes". So, naturally I asked to speak with a supervisor. The customer service person this time was insistant that I will not get my refund back and that there is nothing they could do. I insisted to speak with their Lead and finally after another couple minutes of persistence, she transfered me. The Lead told me the same thing. I asked to speak with a supervisor because this was not ok. Their front customer service rep told me not to use the card even though the rules that were made very clear by the Lead were that Muni cannot refund a "used pass" and he should have known this. So basically that guy screwed me of $66. The lead was hesitant but finally agreed to put in a request for a supervisor to call me back. 3 weeks later, still no call.

Now, in January 2014, I call customer service to be transferred to a supervisor immediately. The customer service rep (CSR) didn't hesitate and puts me on hold. Says the supervisor is in a meeting. I tell I will wait. He puts me on hold and then hangs up..... I call back and speak to another CSR who actually tried to help me this time. I told her that no one has called me back since last month. She checked to see if a request was put in to the Supervisor - None. Shocking... She puts in another request for supervisor to call me, gives me the incident #, and reassures me that I will not get a refund back.  Two days later, no call.

At this point I am just fed up with all this bull crap for a mere $66. It's obvious that they don't care about their customers, there is a disconnect between mid management and frontlinemen in terms of info or training, and they conned me of my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clipper-Card/San-Francisco-California/Clipper-Card-fraud-refuse-to-refund-crappy-customer-service-took-my-money-San-Francisc-1121803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clipper Card