Complaint Review: Close Out Genius

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Close Out Genius
.closeoutgenius.com Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Close Out Genius, Wholesale Genius, Camcorder Genius, SLR Genius THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM - BAIT AND SWITCH - DO NOT BUY A THING FROM THEM! Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: SLR GENIUS CLOSE OUT Genious SCAMS Grey Market Canons flagship EOS-1D Mark III COMPLAINTS REVIEWS

I made the dumb mistake of buying a Canon HV20 from "Close Out Genius" because I googled for Canon and they came back with a phenomenal price. Little did I think to research this company before purchasing.

So after I purchased, I knew in my heart something wasn't right when I got an email that said "we will call you later to confirm your order." Really? Who does that? So I googled their company and wow, TONS of people have been scammed by this company.

I called Close Out Genius the next day to cancel my order. Was asked why and I said "just not interested in you anymore." He said "No problem, Jeff, we will send you a cancel confirm via email immediately."

Three days later and three calls later, I have NO such email.

I canceled my credit card the MINUTE I read people's scammed reviews of this company. They say they're in Las Vegas AND New York, they go by many names, SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Moxie mo
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Close-Out-Genius/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/Close-Out-Genius-Wholesale-Genius-Camcorder-Genius-SLR-Genius-THIS-COMPANY-IS-A-SCAM--425063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Close Out Genius

AUTHOR: Captain Judy - (U.S.A.)

SLR GENIUS SCAMS Grey Market Canons flagship EOS-1D Mark III as the most advanced EOS Digital SLR ever produced. Buy from SCAMMERS CLOSE OUT Genius and the 0.10 megapixel CMOS sensor (APS-H size) quaranteed not to work as we are CLOSE OUT GENIUS Grey Market SCAMMERS for Canons EOS ... Just read Close Out Genius SLR Genius COMPLAINTS REVIEWS

SLR Genius CloseOut Genius now scamming on Nikon D80 worse than GREY MARKET read Complaints Reviews on other Nikon Scams from RIPOFF Close Out Genius!