rank

• Submitted: Mon, February 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:Smyrna Georgia
Closeout Genius - Close Out Genius
102 Avenue O Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Closeout Genius - Close Out Genius, bait and switch on camcorder order Brooklyn New York

Ordered a Canon HF100 the morning of Friday, Feb. 6. Was sent an email Sunday Feb. 8 at 10:41 a.m. with the following: "This email is to inform you that for security purposes, a confirmation is needed to complete your order. Please contact our confirmation department at ..." I did not retrieve email on Sunday Feb. 8, so I did not call.

Sunday afternoon, Feb. 8, I received a call to confirm the order. I replied that I did in fact place the order. I was asked if I wanted a battery to go with the camcorder. I replied that a battery came with it and I wanted my order processed just as I had placed it, and did not want additional items.

The caller, in a thick New York accent, began arguing with me, asking why I would order a camcorder that had only 20 minutes of battery life, etc. I repeated that all I wanted was what I ordered. In reply I received even more vehement argument, and since I was losing my temper and embarrassing my wife at the dog park, I hung up.

When I returned home and retrieved email, I noted that shortly after that call, I was sent an email notifying me that my order was backordered. It's too soon to know if closeoutgenius will honor its contract, but they did attempt a high pressure "sales call" to persuade me to add a battery to my order. I did not inquire about the price of the battery.

Jfenn
Smyrna, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2009 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Closeout-Genius-Close-Out-Genius/Brooklyn-New-York-11204/Closeout-Genius-Close-Out-Genius-bait-and-switch-on-camcorder-order-Brooklyn-New-York-421985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Closeout Genius - Close Out Genius