Complaint Review: Club Penguin

• Reported By: ashmac — Tallahassee Florida
Club Penguin
Internet USA

Club Penguin Disney Sneaky Recurring Billing Ripoff Internet

On Disney's Club Penguin Website there are three options depicted on big buttons. The first says "1 Month." The next says "6 Months." The last says "12 Months." 10 months ago, my child earned $8 for a one-month Club Penguin membership.

The graphic has been altered since then, and now you can see the "$7.95 recurring every month" (in the smallest font) more clearly. However the three options remain. And I ask you, how can you sign up for "1 Month" and be billed each month for a year?! Is this not somewhat deceptive? It's like advertising a product as "100% Natural" and then in small font listing "0% Natural."

Today I discovered that I have been billed for roughly $80 worth of Club Penguin membership that we neither asked for, wanted, nor used.

Disney refused to give us a refund for the 9 months we didn't know we had the unwanted membership and didn't use the site. They said they "went above and beyond" in refunding 3 months and acted like we should be grateful to them for ripping us off (approx. $50), because they refunded $24. Appalling.

Shame on you, Disney!

I hope Disney enjoys their $50, because from now on I will intentionally avoid their products and services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2013 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Club-Penguin/internet/Club-Penguin-Disney-Sneaky-Recurring-Billing-Ripoff-Internet-1072789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Club Penguin