Complaint Review: Club WPT

not published Internet United States of America

Club WPT Club WPT does not pay the winnings not published, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Amateur

*General Comment: the biggest joke

*General Comment: clubwpt satellite seat tournament outcome

*Consumer Comment: Regarding ClubWPT.com

*Consumer Comment: WHOIS info for this company

I have won prize money in two poker tournaments [$125 and $15] and a poket calculator in an other.
I claimed the prizes accordoing to Club WPT rules, they appear to be "successfully awarded" but never received anything, although their maximum term of 30 days has long past.
Moreover, they have not even responded to my many emails sent to Customer Service asking for an update.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING OBVIOUS SIGNS OF A SCAM:
1. tHERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO CALL THEM!?!?!?!
2. THERE IS NO BUSINESS ADDRESS WHATSOEVER!?!?!?
3. THEY USE THE SAME SOFTWARE [THT MANIPULATES HANDS' OUTCOME AND CHEATS CUSTOMERS] AS ALL THE ONLINE POKER SITE THAT ARE NOW UNDER FBI INVESTIGATION.

MY CONCLUSION:
THEY ARE NOTHING BUT AN OTHER FORM OF THE SAME CROOCKED AND RIGGED POKER SITES!

DON'T EVER GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER OR YOU WILL BE SORRY, VERY SORRY!

SHAME ON YOU MIKE SEXTON TO PROMOTE CHEATERS AND THIEVES!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2011 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Club-WPT/internet/Club-WPT-Club-WPT-does-not-pay-the-winnings-not-published-Internet-718339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Club WPT

Amateur

AUTHOR: MrUFGator - ()

I do not have any comments about your assessment of WPT;  however, your analysis of an ace high flush indicates you are a rank amateur poker player.  When an ace is on the board and all players have the same suit, you look at the next high card to determine who has the higher flush.

#2 General Comment

the biggest joke

AUTHOR: charliecpcjr - (United States of America)

mike sexton is a company man what do you expect?

#3 General Comment

clubwpt satellite seat tournament outcome

AUTHOR: tx3000 - (United States of America)

As promised I would file a reply regarding my tournament experience with the Satellite seat tournament.

The tournament had almost three thousand people in it (I'm rounding up) Upon playing I managed to get to 514th place where I was knocked out of the tournament for this reason.

I was moved to a table (By the system) where, not only was I never moved again, but more importantly I was never dealt another card over 9 for the remainder of the time I was at that table, but further more, all the cards on the table (Flop, turn, & river) were almost always 10s, & face cards, making it impossible for me to win no matter what I did due to people buying the pot. No one at the table I was at was even playing either. All they were doing was betting huge amounts of chips that if I bet I would have lost.

If I tried to sit out for the remainder of the game I would have been blinded out (Due to not getting moved) If I bet someone would have taken my chips.

If I had been moved I would have been moved with such a little amount of chips, I would have eventually had to be to get something and would have lost them anyway.

The short and simple explanation of what happened is this:

To prevent me from winning, the program/software/or site in general was programmed to make sure I was not going to win by setting it that no matter how i tried playing around the rigged system on the site, I could not do it.

If i tied to coast, it made sure I was blinded out

If I had a lot of chips and was doing well, I was moved to a table where I would get cards but never be abe to win a bet.

If I made a call someone would either always call it, or put in such an obnoxious amount of chips I had to fold due to they would have had a better hand anyway.

If I tried playing only when I had a pair such as 10s or KK, or even aces, I either would never get dealt a pair, or someone would magically always get a higher pair just by a little

EXAMPLE:

If I had 10/10 someone had J/J - if I had K/K, someone would have A/A - if I had A/A someone would get 3 of a kind. If I had a straight, someone had a higher straight - if i had a flush, someone would have a higher flush - This would happen every single hand when I was doing well

While the above happens in poker, it doesn't/cannot happen every singe hand every single time at every single table.

Also here is a link to a random poker game I was playing in:

What makes this interesting is how this tournament and everyone of them I play in that isn't worth of any value I get  good stuff, but as soon as I enter a tournament worth money, the hands stop coming.

Clubwpt poker game part 1:

Clubwpt poker game part 2:

Clubwpt poker game part 3:

Well there it is.

Regarding ClubWPT.com

AUTHOR: tx3000 - (United States of America)

I joined clubwpt.com about 4 days ago. While I myself cannot confirm the prize claim eligibility and or confirmation anyone has received any, I can in fact confirm the software the software is rigged.

I play both Hold-Em & Black Jack tournaments, I only use Black Jack play chip games for my play chips.

Here is my experience in both:
There are a few issues with black Jack on that site:
Whether in a tournament or play chip games the results are the same which is that the dealer gets more wins than it's possible for any dealer to get in any casino on the face of this planet. Granted it's a program but that's not the point. The following is an example of what goes on during these black jack games:

Problem 1:
If you make a max bet of 25K and or all your chips you will 99.9% of the time get a number that if whether you take a hit or not, you will lose, because the dealer has a face card showing and you have a rancid number of 13-16 so you're screwed. In black jack it's normal to lose about 25% of the time on this, but in this case you lose 99.9% of the time making it a mathematical impossibility for this to happen.

Problem 2:
The program has a tendency to favor the player with the most money while in a tournament.

Problem 3:
97% of the time doubling down when you have an 11 or or below showing while the dealer has a 6 or below showing, results in you getting an end result of under 14, while the dealer takes anywhere between 3-6 cards, and gets 17s - 21s...

Problem 4:
As a continuation of Problem three, 98% of the time when the dealer takes multiple cards due to having to take hits, and I'm talking 3-6 cards and even sometimes 7-8 cards) and somehow the dealers hand magically never goes over 21, the dealer only goes over 21, I'd say about once out of every 5 or 6 times this happens. But most players who take multiple cards And I'm talking 2 or 3, go over 21, 5 out of every 4 times this is done. It's impossible that a dealer can take 3-6 cards and not go over 21 or get exactly 21 or wins, 5 times out of 6 but yet a player takes 2-3 cards and goes over 21, or loses 5 out of 6 times.

___________________________________________________________________

TEXAS HOLD-EM ISSUES

First let me explain a few things regarding my perspective from poker in general to help you better understand where I'm coming from.

I personally find Texas hold-em river rule completely moronic and the ultimate contradiction to poker.
Let me explain, 99% of Poker is a game of skill and very little chance, and always has been, up until some retard somehow managed to convince the gaming commission to totally change this. Regardless of what any poker player says the ability for people to win on the river, voids any skill involved up to that point, which contradicts poker in general. People always say bet smart and play right, well none of that matters and is no longer a factor with the river. You can bet anyway you want to and try to be as smart as you want to, but if you play to the river, none of how you bet matters any more simply because people that shouldn't be winning due to the skill before the river screw you out of a win all because they got lucky.

They need to do one of 2 things in order to put the game back the way it is supposed to be.
1. The ability to win on the river needs to be completely removed altogether. And allow only people who have the game won before the river to win
OR
2. If they keep the river and the 100% luck factor and win on that, then they need to stop all the betting, no flop, no turn, only flip 5 cards and win like that.

So that means lock in their bets before any cards are dealt just like black jack, and then wait and see who wins..

Doing number 2 is absolutely no different than people playing until the river and having the river screw someone out of a win. Face it...when people play to the river get lucky and win it's the same as locking in your bets and seeing who wins

The other rule that is moronic and contradicts itself is the flush rule.

Excluding a royal flush, If you ask anyone what the highest Flush is a person can have, they will respond with A high flush. It even says so in the rules. Now the reason this is retarded and contradictory is simply because if both people have hearts in their hand and there are 3 hearts on the board and one of the ones on the board is an A of hearts, according to the rule and what everyone says and the hand ranks, both players do in fact have an A high flush because both players share the A making both players have the same exact hand.

If you still disagree then apply what I'm about to say to this:
If both players have a 2 and 3 in their hand and the board has a  4, 5, 6 both players have a 2-5 straight right, however think about this, if one player has a 2, 7 in their hand and another player has 2, 3 in their hand, and there is a 4, 5, 6, then then the player with a 7 wins the hand for having a higher straight...But now take that and apply it to the A high flush
If A high flush is the highest, and both players have hearts, and there are 3 hearts on the board one of them being an A,  no player can have anything in their hand that can go above A high flush

Because you cannot go above A high flush, so if the hearts in both players hands are 3, 7 H, and 4, 8, how is it possible that means an * high flush wins which isn't possible because A high flush is the highest.

So this rule is not only retarded, doesn't even make any sense, but also throws the Flush ranking system and what the highest flush is out the window.

According to how this works A high is not the highest flush because if it was, when the A is on the board the pot would be split.

Anyway, you couple all that with the Texas Hold-em on CLUBWPT.com and you have a disaster.
The computer targets specific people (Not sure the calculation it uses for this but) if you watch the games there are people who just never ever catch a break on the river and certain people who get a break every single time when they need it.

I myself won an entry seat into a satellite tourney Sunday April 15th, 2012 at 4pm.
If I wind up winning the seat..Good luck to me on that) I will report back if I was able to get my prize.

I am also going to start video recording my games with narration by me and posting the videos showing what is going on during these games so keep an eye out for them ok.

WHOIS info for this company

AUTHOR: JustAnotherConsumer - (USA)

A quick "WHOIS" search reveals the following contact info for clubwpt.com -- hope this helps you.

Registrant:

Administrative Contact:
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:

Created on..............: 2007-03-19.
Expires on..............: 2012-03-19.
Record last updated on..: 2011-02-16.

Domain servers in listed order:

dns3.igmdnsgib.com