Complaint Review: Co-operators Insurance & Echelon Insurance

• Updated: Sat, April 16, 2011

• Reported By: Thom — Scarborough Ontario Canada
Co-operators Insurance & Echelon Insurance
130 MacDonell Street Guelph, Ontario Canada

Co-operators Insurance & Echelon Insurance Co-operators Insurance Company, Echelon General Insurance, Echelon, "the co-operators", Co-op Insurance, The Co-operators Insurance Scam, Passing the Buck, Two Names, Same Company Guelph, Ontario Canada

Is there a way to dispute insurance information like there is for a credit report?

I went in to cancel my insurance today and did it without a problem. Have the notice that the insurance was canceled dated today, but when I went to get insurance with a different company, they said there is a cancellation due to non-payment on my driving record from the very company I canceled with today, dated from March. I have only ever missed one payment and it was in March and I went into the office and paid it to them the very day the bank told me the payment was returned.

The company that I went to to get insurance is called "the cooperators" but the policy is under a company called "echelon" and they keep passing the buck between the two named companies: ie. echelon says they never received my payment from the cooperators and the cooperators said they have nothing to do with anything because I am insured through echelon (although I actually went and got insurance FROM THEM) I never received any notice that it was going to be canceled, however they claim to have sent me registered mail, to my current address, and it was supposedly returned due to the addressee has moved. I never received it to return it and when I asked for a Canada Post branch or tracking number, they refused to give it to me.

If I have a receipt that I went in and paid it in cash the day it was returned, the cancellation notice dated for today (even though the supposed cancellation due to non-payment was dated in March). and the fact that they refuse to provide a tracking number or Canada post branch address where this alleged registered mail was returned, is there somewhere I can dispute it or file a scam claim?

This is going to cost me ridiculous insurance rates for the next three years through no fault of my own and they just keep passing the issue between the two companies. How do I go about making them own up to it?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2011 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Co-operators-Insurance-Echelon-Insurance/Guelph-Ontario-N1H-6P8/Co-operators-Insurance-Echelon-Insurance-Co-operators-Insurance-Company-Echelon-General-718443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Co-operators Insurance & Echelon Insurance