Complaint Review: Coachmans Dinner & Pancake House

• Updated: Wed, August 14, 2013

• Reported By: Brad Jensen — South Salt Lake City Utah
Coachmans Dinner & Pancake House
1301 S State St Salt Lake City, UT 84115 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Coachmans Dinner & Pancake House Coachman's Restaurant Coachmans Beware of the Sanitary of this establishment/ Mike Nickols is a thief and serves expired food! Salt Lake City Utah

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: SHAME ON YOU FOR WRITING THIS REPORT!

I am writing in regards for the consumers out there.  Coachmans Restaurant is not a healthy place to eat at and the owner is very unethical individual who treats the waitress like crap and customers wonder why the service is poor! The morale is defenitely way down, "why" it is because the way it is ran and operated by Mr. Mike Nickols.  On July 24th we celebrated the parade and we decided to eat breakfast there at Coachmans and when doing so the atmosphere was very dimmed as I ate there before wasn't too impressed with the service and food sad to say that my sister had worked there.  That's why I knew the waitress were treated like garbage and my sister checks was always wrong! She told Mr. Mike that if it continues that she would report him to the hour and wage the labor commission. He would claim that her breaks where deducted and other servers did not have deductions out of their checks.  Finally he paid but after she had to jump through loops and finally decided to pay her what was rightfully hers and earned. However that is another incident only tells you the eithical actions of the owner of Mike Nickols of this establishment and how he operates. So we ate breakfast and durring the service the waiter hardly even stopped by our table as we needed more drinks.  So we all decided to blow this joint and get out.  As we checked out like how they asked us 'how was everything?'  "Really want to know," I stated. She looked at me with a grin said, "I understand and know." So as we left our stomach had a knot in it as something was not digesting very well.  Within a hour all three of us had food posion!!!!  We had filed a complaint with the board of health. First we gave the courtesy first to contact the manager but we lucked out we reached the owner Mike Nickols.  He was very rude and very forthcoming stating how his restaurant was the best and had the best Culinary chiefs in Utah.  Come to find out he was the cook!  We'll Mr. Nikols need to either take classes on cooking and cook your meat longer specially the pork and chicken!!! Kill someone someday! Plus I noticed the silverware was not so clean so anyone that eats there take a good look at the fork and spoon your putting into your mouth.  Not to mention in the past awhile ago when my sister worked there he never would wash his hands after using the restroom according to other male employees and just hear the toilet flush then he would walk right out.  When I spoke to Mr. Nickols I started to laugh as I kept my voice at a civil tone.  How can all 3 of us get sick after we ate at your establishment, more like Kitchen Nightmare need Chief Ramsey I swear to investigate that place.  As I write this the investigator informed me that this was not the first incident that they had with that restaurant or complaints by customers coming down with something after eating their food. Make sure it's thoroughly cooked and bring your own fork and spoon!!! Better yet don't eat there eat some where else!  Beware!!!  All I wanted is to inform him about the food and he thought I wanted compensation or something the idiotic penny pincher! Upon further investigation found that others complain how he treats the females there and how they are degraded.  Also one that still works there informed my sister that still has contact with Coachmans Restaurant is being sued by Wasatch Security Company that provided service and he will not pay! Maybe I will make a call to them and get more details to add to this commentary.  I'm not surprised as the headache my sister went through to collect her paycheck and also to get the accurate paycheck.  Guess from the current employee that still works there stated that things are getting better she stated only because of several different investigations that are occurring with the labor commission and board of health. So Coachmans are not just a rip off but serves poor rotten uncooked food as the Manager owner is unethical individual!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coachmans-Dinner-Pancake-House/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Coachmans-Dinner-Pancake-House-Coachmans-Restaurant-Coachmans-Beware-of-the-Sanitary-o-1075757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coachmans Dinner & Pancake House

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

SHAME ON YOU FOR WRITING THIS REPORT!

AUTHOR: Leslie - (USA)

My name is Leslie and I am an ex-employee of Coachman's Restaurant in Salt Lake City, UT.  I also am good friends with the people that own and operate Coachman's Restaurant in Salt Lake City, UT.  I have worked there for over five years while I was putting myself through College and was able to live on a waitress wages because Coachman's is very popular and the people will tip very well.  Coachman's is a very wonderful place to eat.  It is a one of a kind establishment.  This restaurant has been in business for many, many, many years.  I know what goes on inside the kitchen, the dishwashing room and in the entire restaurant, frankly it is on the level. great lengths are gone to, to make sure that the dishes are not only clean but sanitized properly, that the food is cooked very well, the employees are treated with kindness and respect and everyone that comes in that door has a wonderful dining experience and does not leave hungry.  Not only do they provide good food for a good price, but it tastes very good, people drive from long distances to eat at that restaurant.  Mike Nikols is a kind and caring person.  He is very nice to the waitresses and goes out of his way to accomodate their own personal schedules.  I have been friends with a lot of the employees that have worked at Coachman's and we all say the same thing.  This family is the best!  They would never be caught writing a report like this one against someone even if they believed it-although I don't believe the person that wrote this believes anything he wrote! I believe it is a hoax and he wrote it out of cold hearted mean spiritedness!

In regard to your comment about Mike Nikols, there is no way that is true.  You, the person that wrote this hoax, seem like the kind of person that has a problem in your own life so you want to critisize others just for the fun of it.  That's not nice, but it is also ignorant and rude.  Mike Nikols pays his employees for the wages that they earn.  I personally know Mike does pay his employees for the wages that they earn without a hassle, in fact, Mike is one of the few that hands out money to support his employees personal endeavors and pays sponsor fees for a lot of them.  He helps those less fortunate and helps pay for their apartments when they cannot afford it.  He has been known to feed homeless people that have no money to pay for their food.  Mike always tries to make things perfect for everyone and goes the extra mile. Coachman's is a place where people come because they want to come.  Listening to the things that are being said in here, I believe and know this is absolutely a hoax and was done just to be mean to an entity and person that doesn't deserve it by whom I believe to be a mean spirited person.

Coachman's has been in business for many, many years for a reason.  It is a place that people love to come.  The breakfast is great, the lunch is superb and the dinner divine!  There's always a variety of different menu options to choose from.  No one that I have ever talked to and I've talked to a lot of people even today, as I am not currently an employee, has ever said anything negative about Coachman's-in fact the comments are: 1. I love that place! 2. What a charming cozy place to eat with food and quanity that never disappoints. 3. I have been going all these years and will continue to go, no other place is as great as Coachman's! 4. I love the lighting!

I myself continue to go into the restaurant to eat, because the food is fabulous and you can't get any other meal like the meal at Coachman's!

Everything else reported in the hoax that I have not specifically mentioned herein that is bad about Coachman's, Mike, etc-is completely falsified and reported maliciously for no reason.  The only conclusions in my mind as to why someone would write these bad things about Coachman's and Mike is there are mean spirited people in the world and in their misery, they like to reach out and try to hurt others and make other people miserable too!  SHAME ON YOU!

I HOPE ALL THOSE WHO HAVE NOT EATEN AT COACHMAN'S WILL NOT LET A MEAN SPIRITED PERSON RUIN YOUR DESIRE TO GO!  IN FACT, I INVITE YOU TO GO AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!  ALL THOSE WHO HAVE EATEN AT COACHMAN'S-WE WILL ALL BE DY HARD COACHMAN FANS FOREVER!