Complaint Review: Coach's Corner

• Updated: Fri, June 15, 2012

• Reported By: Robert — Yuma Arizona United States of America
Coach's Corner
47 N. Front St. Souderton, Pennsylvania United States of America

Coach's Corner Sports Auctions, LLC Defrauded me in the amount of $5300 Souderton, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Coach's Corner Ripoff!

I won (8) listings in a Coach's Corner auction ending 12-3-11 for the total amount of $5300 including bidding and shipping fees. I provided my credit card information for an online bidding profile, but changed the credit card on my profile prior to the end of the auction when I realized that my bids could potentially exceed my credit limit on the first card. After the auction ended, Coach's Corner charged my first card without authorization, resulting in an over-the-limit charge.

When the credit card company contacted me the following week about this overage, I explained the situation and filed an affidavit of unauthorized use at their suggestion. This caused the $5300 charge to go into dispute, which meant that I still had to pay for the merchandise. So thinking that the dispute would certainly turn out favorably, I paid for those (8) listings with my second credit card on 1-19-12.

When the merchandise arrived I discovered that (5) of the items were obviously counterfeit, another item was stained (not as described), and a Tarheels basketball that was supposed to be signed by Michael Jordan was actually a Spalding basketball with no signature whatsoever! So I returned those (7) items and kept only one - a 1932 Yankees signed baseball. About a month after I paid for the merchandise Coach's Corner provided deceptive information informing the creditor that I received my merchandise for the $5300, knowing full well that I paid for it with another credit card as a completely separate transaction.

I got a letter from the credit card company in March stating that they believed the charge was authorized after all simply because I provided my credit card information to Coach's Corner, and that it was now up to me to get them to refund me the $5300. Well, good luck! I've been after them since March, but it is now June and no refund has been issued. I filed a local police report, but have been told it is not a criminal matter but a civil matter for an attorney to handle.

During the report a local officer called them up and spoke to a lady named Rosa who told her two lies: 1) that I had only been charged once for the transaction, and 2) that they had never received the returned merchandise. However, I have credit card statements and shipping receipt with tracking information to support my side of the story. Maybe this isn't a criminal matter after all, but it sure feels like one. If law enforcement won't get involved, maybe the Federal Trade Commission will. I really don't know who else to turn to at this point because of course I don't want to pay legal fees if I don't have to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2012 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coachs-Corner/Souderton-Pennsylvania-18964/Coachs-Corner-Sports-Auctions-LLC-Defrauded-me-in-the-amount-of-5300-Souderton-Pennsyl-898021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coach's Corner

Coach's Corner Ripoff!

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

As an update, I contacted the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office which pressured Coach's Corner into finally issuing the $5300 credit they owed due to a double charge on my credit card account. However, the money I did pay was spent on counterfeit merchandise, which I was able to mostly return. Even with a receipt signed by a company employee, Coach's Corner claimed they never got the merchandise back. Thankfully, I was able to recover that money in a credit card dispute.

The one item I could not return turned out to be a totally counterfeit 1932 Yankees team-signed ball. Even though I sent them letters of rejection from the best authenticators in the business, they stuck to their policy of no refunds on Ted Taylor "authenticated" merchandise. I found out that Ted Taylor, their in-house authenticator has been banned from eBay, and it takes a lot to get banned from eBay.

Finally, I decided to take a chance and return the worthless ball along with a letter requesting a refund. Coach's Corner decided to consign the ball in their November 2013 auction, without my permission - it sold for less than half of what I paid for it! They did send me the check, but I am still out about $1500 on this item. If I hadn't contacted the Souderton Police I'm certain that check would never have been issued. These b******* need to be shut down before they defraud others as well.