Complaint Review: Coast Capital Financial Services

• Updated: Tue, May 13, 2014

• Reported By: Natalie — Norwood Massachusetts United States of America
Coast Capital Financial Services
1050 Lonsdale Street Los Angeles, California United States of America

Coast Capital Financial Services I just got a letter today, Sept. 14, that I won 150,000. They sent me a phony check for $4,200 toward a processing fee and I have to send them $3, 320 for the processing fee. What they do is you sen Los Angeles, California

*General Comment: Coast Capital Financial Services

I just got a letter from Coast Capital Financial Services informing me that I won second prize in a drawing.

They enclosed a check for $4000 which they said is toward processing fees of $3,000 which they want me to send them by Moneygram through Western Union.  They left a phone number for me to call to get this started and ask that I do not act on (deposit) the check until I contact them.

I don't intend to call them as I know this is a scam. What they do when you call is to ask you to send a check to them via Moneygram through Western Union.  They take your good check and cash it.  Around the same time you put their check into your account and find out after a few days that their check is no good.  Now you are out the $3,000 which they cashed at their real bank.

I am going to try to get in touch with the FBI and let them handle it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2012 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-Capital-Financial-Services/Los-Angeles-California-90015/Coast-Capital-Financial-Services-I-just-got-a-letter-today-Sept-14-that-I-won-150000-941296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast Capital Financial Services

#1 General Comment

Coast Capital Financial Services

AUTHOR: skepticg8 - ()

I got the same letter from this company as the others wrote about.  I had a feeling it was a scam.  I'm going with their check to the bank, will let the bank check it out and investigate it too.  Thank you to all for the warnings.