Complaint Review: Coast Dental Cape Coral Fl

• Updated: Wed, April 18, 2012

• Reported By: Abused Senior 1 — Cape Coral Florida United States of America
Coast Dental Cape Coral Fl
1435 A SE 8TH TERRACE Internet United States of America

Coast Dental Cape Coral Florida Abuse Physical & Verbal, Failure to release medical records, Insurance Fraud, Negligence Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: Coast Dental Patient Relations

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to address your concern, but your review was submitted anonymously

I am a 67 year old senior and unable to keep up with all the abuse, deception and lies, insurance fraud.
When I complained to the dental assistant Cyndi (no last name on her business card) about the poor quality of the work the dental assistant called me a trouble maker.She smashed my teeth and pushed a sharp object into the wound left from a tooth extraction.

I asked the office manager, Michelle Herring,  for the name of the dental assistant who had abused me and the office manager gave me the name of another dental assistant who worked in the office. I filed a police report and began to file a complaint with the State Health Department using the wrong name.

At my last appointment I realized the business manager had lied to me and I was very angry. I asked to meet with the Dentist Dr Perkins and Michelle Herring. At this meeting Ms Herring denied giving me the wrong name. Ms Herring then said we are going to give you a full refund. Dr Perkins was in agreement for the full refund. Ms Herring then asked me to leave.

Latter that afternoon I tried to get some clarity on the refund. Ms Herring was always busy. After the third
call the receptionist told me if I called anymore they would charge me with harrassment.

I went to Coast Dental because they were an in network provider for my insurance. I told them I want only whats covered on my insurance. When I got the charges back from my insurance company the patient responsibility was for 1961. Coast Dental had charged me 4272. The insurance company said I should request a refund.

Ms Herring had billed the insurance company for a porcelaine bridge but she said I got the cosmetic bridge
which they will not pay for. Ms Herring had submitted a false bill to the insurance company. They went against my wishes to use only goods and services provided for in my insurance.

Dr Perkins rushed through the procedures and spent very little time explaining my options and went against my wishes to be treated on the contract. At the appointment to repair the temporary that I was abused Dr Perkins was suppose to adjust my bite. I never saw Dr Perkins and Cyndi never asked if I had premedicated for my joint replacement. Negligence.

I guess I can add Grand Larceny to the list of complaints. Paid 4272 for a bridge I never got.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2012 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-Dental-Cape-Coral-Fl/internet/Coast-Dental-Cape-Coral-Florida-Abuse-Physical-Verbal-Failure-to-release-medical-recor-869455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast Dental Cape Coral Fl

Coast Dental Patient Relations

AUTHOR: Abused Senior 1 - (United States of America)

Dear Beth at Coast Dental Patient Relations,

I have called pateint relations several times. You have my name and number.
I have not received a single call back after leaving my information. This is just
another Coast Dental lie.

Abused, and Defrauded Senior

We'd like to address your concern, but your review was submitted anonymously

AUTHOR: Coast Dental - (United States of America)

We would like to help you, but your review was posted anonymously.  Please contact our Patient Relations team toll-free at 1-855-455-6601 for assistance.  We look forward to addressing your concerns.

Regards,