Complaint Review: Coast Dental

41324 US Hwy 19 North , Tarpon Springs, Florida United States of America

Coast Dental Diagnosing non-existent dental problems , Tarpon Springs, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Please call Coast Dental's patient relations team

*Consumer Comment: Excat same thing happened to me

*UPDATE Employee: Coast's dentists use x-rays, oral exam to determine a patient's oral health

In November 2002, my wife, our 8-year-old son and I went to Coast Dental in Tarpon Springs because of our new insurance (we had just moved there within the year). My wife and I were diagnosed with "periodontitis," or periodontal disease, and our son with two cavities. We were each given a detailed plan of treatment which was going to be extremely costly. We were also told we would need to purchase three "Rota-dent" battery-operated toothbrushes (also quite expensive, about $140 each). We had gone in seeking a routine cleaning and exam. We were told that they could not, by Florida law, clean our teeth until we had the required treatments performed. We left in shock, wondering how our teeth and gums had become so bad in a few months' time. A couple of months later, we moved back to our native Michigan. We scheduled appointments with our dentist right away. After examining our teeth, he informed us that we had no periodontal disease, that our son had no cavities (and 9 years later, still has never had one). So the bottom line is, the dentist and staff at Coast Dental had lied to us about everything. I wish now we had filed a complaint with the state Attorney General. I was just reminded of the experience last night when I found my "patient care" folder from these people. It would appear that the dentist we saw on our visit (Dr. Sofer) is no longer at this facility, and the Tarpon Springs office has moved to a new location.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-Dental/-Tarpon-Springs-Florida-34689/Coast-Dental-Diagnosing-non-existent-dental-problems-Tarpon-Springs-Florida-880804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast Dental

Please call Coast Dental's patient relations team

AUTHOR: Coast Dental - (United States of America)

Coast Dental follows the guidelines outlined by the American Academy of Periodontology. We would like to review your case with you, but your review was submitted anonymously. Please call our Patient Relations team at 1-855-455-6601 and we will be happy to address your concerns.   Our foremost priority is quality care.

Excat same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: FloridaTish - (USA)

I went to Coast Dental because it was part of my empolyers dental plan and I was told the same thing. I had Periodontal disease and needed a deep cleaning in all 4 quadrants, needed to purchase a $200 toothbrush and mouthwash PRIOR to them working on my teeth (I needed a filling). I was quoted an INSANE amount for services above what my insurance would pay ($1600 more), so I said forget that and scheduled an appointment at a private practice in Palm Bay. I didn't have periodontal disease, I didn't need a deep cleaning. I just needed a filling and a standard cleaning. Coast Dental is an assembly line chain of dentists who all sell the same load of garbage to their patients.

Coast's dentists use x-rays, oral exam to determine a patient's oral health

AUTHOR: Coast Dental - (United States of America)

Coast Dentals goal is to provide excellent customer service and patient care every time.  Our dentists use x-rays and an oral examination to determine how healthy your teeth and gums are, following the classification system established by the American Academy of Periodontology.  Periodontal disease is the number one cause of adult tooth loss in the United States.

Unfortunately, your visit occurred 10 years ago and the records are no longer available for us to review your specific case.  However, we can assure you that providing appropriate patient care is our top priority.